• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not eating HELP.

I'd make sure you get his teeth thoroughly examined
Take a look at my most recent post on here

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=177208

:cry:

Sending vibes for your Bun

xx

Oh no :cry: horriable isn't it.

The vet had a look last night at his teeth, and said they were ok fo now, but I've always been to he'll probably need dentials in later life, poor boy. I'm going to take him to my normal vet in a few days, for a check up.

Just managed to hand feed some banana, 2 thin slices, and then he seemed to realise that he was hungry, so he is eating hay, redi grass and pellets. Refused grated carrot, but he isnt the biggest carrot fan.

I'm going to risk 2 hours sleep now, I hope he is ok!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D brilliant

i never separate my pair, but i understand why a vet would think we cant tell our bunnies poops apart :lol:... but i can usually tell Alvins stasis/normal poops over the huge things pearl produces anyhows...

Really really happy hes eating :D

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D brilliant

i never separate my pair, but i understand why a vet would think we cant tell our bunnies poops apart :lol:... but i can usually tell Alvins stasis/normal poops over the huge things pearl produces anyhows...

Really really happy hes eating :D

I think it would have just stressed them too much being apart. I really hope it doesn't ever happen again, it was so scary, and I cant think of anything that would have caused it. My poor boy.

I'm still feeding him every few hours, but we have moved on to spring greens and parsnip bits now, I don't want to give him ant more pellets today, as he has had a few already.

I think it would have just stressed them too much being apart. I really hope it doesn't ever happen again, it was so scary, and I cant think of anything that would have caused it. My poor boy.

I'm still feeding him every few hours, but we have moved on to spring greens and parsnip bits now, I don't want to give him ant more pellets today, as he has had a few already.

i have a few theories with Alvin....

1. hes a stroppy git and really does go on hunger strike when im late with breakfast veg :shock:

2. too much fruit, i think ive seen a few posts about fruit sugar upsetting tummies, i now give hardly any at all in a month

3.i was swapping the veg weekly for variety and not giving enough high fibre veg, ie id give watercress and romaine lettuce and altho he didnt actually get tummy upsets from eating them they did nothing for his diet or teeth... i now stick to the same veg all the time, hes only had one scare since ive changed this and that leads me onto

4.Sudden temperature drop in the house overnight

5.just the way hes made, prone to stasis episodes :(

Pearl has never had a scare in the whole time ive had her tho :?

i think even strange noises can probably stress them into stasis, chances are youll never figure out what caused it... but you now know how to spot and treat without total panic next time ;)

In the past few weeks I've had a stasis bunny EVERY weekend to deal with - they always wait till it's the weekend on purpose :roll:

what I put it down to was too many pellets - my motto now is 'less is better than more' - and also too much veg - again be sparing with it. And another time was fresh grass and dandelions I think - the first this year. And finally I figured Petunia likes her hay in a cardboard box rather than the litter trays - I had taken to putting it in the cardboard boxes when it was very cold weather, and stopped once it warmed up - she got stasis I think from eating less hay.

It's hard, but my first rule is 'DON'T PANIC!!!' although I do wail a bit and worry myself sick :roll:

When I see them like that I get them to go outside for a bit of a run - they are usually BURSTING for a wee as well, which doesn't help - So after they've been moved on for just a couple of minutes (move them on gently when they flop down again, rather than chase them hard) and had a wee, I leave them for a few hours.

Repeat the gentle exercise session a couple more times before bed, then leave them overnight - so far they've been fine by morning with no other treatment hooray!!! :shock:

It's hard, but my first rule is 'DON'T PANIC!!!' although I do wail a bit and worry myself sick :roll:

When I see them like that I get them to go outside for a bit of a run - they are usually BURSTING for a wee as well, which doesn't help - So after they've been moved on for just a couple of minutes (move them on gently when they flop down again, rather than chase them hard) and had a wee, I leave them for a few hours.

Repeat the gentle exercise session a couple more times before bed, then leave them overnight - so far they've been fine by morning with no other treatment hooray!!! :shock:

I panicked big time, but as it was my first time with a stasis bunny, I think I was supposed to panic, and any way how else will the vets make their money? Panic = £££ in their eyes. They had £124 off me last night.

I think you are right about needing a wee, he was holding his tail to the side, like he does when weeing, but just wasn't going. My poo little man.

I think he is feeling better now though, I'm changing my routeine with them after this, the aren't being fed their pellets or veg all in one go, the can have them during the day, maybe every 4 hours.

Gut stastis after neutering

Hi this is my first ever post! :wave: I have been reading the forum posts all weekend as I was in a terrible state over poor Percy. It was good to know that you were out there!

After being neutered last week Percy stopped eating and drinking completely. No poos for days and then no pees either. We have been at the vet every day. Today they kept him in and along with the rabbit food supplement they gave him HIPP baby food by syringe feeding. He also had fluids and metroclopramide administered (again).

Tonight what a difference! I nearly cried when I saw him do his cute bunny hops and flops! Never thought I would see those again! Then when he guzzled an entire broccoli floret I thought phew!

As the only difference today was the baby food (and may be a more competent syringe feeder!) I thought I would post about it just in case this helps anybody else who may be in the same predicament.

PercyHQ (Cx)

Hi this is my first ever post! :wave: I have been reading the forum posts all weekend as I was in a terrible state over poor Percy. It was good to know that you were out there!

After being neutered last week Percy stopped eating and drinking completely. No poos for days and then no pees either. We have been at the vet every day. Today they kept him in and along with the rabbit food supplement they gave him HIPP baby food by syringe feeding. He also had fluids and metroclopramide administered (again).

Tonight what a difference! I nearly cried when I saw him do his cute bunny hops and flops! Never thought I would see those again! Then when he guzzled an entire broccoli floret I thought phew!

As the only difference today was the baby food (and may be a more competent syringe feeder!) I thought I would post about it just in case this helps anybody else who may be in the same predicament.

PercyHQ (Cx)

what a brilliant end to a big nightmare ill guess :D:D:D:D

Back