• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Safe foods and unsafe foods for rabbits

I've got a brilliant information regarding all fruits, vegetables, herbs, wild flowers which are safe for rabbits but mine is saved in Adobe Reader 8 - so do any of you know how to attach this onto this thread?

Only if you're interested then I will post it - but I don't know how!!!? :roll:

Ok, I have a very fussy rabbit, he turns his nose up to most things on that list apart from kale, he absolutely loves it, so, I've been giving it to him every day along with spring greens. Curly Kale is in the ok in moderation list, im worried now. What veggies do you gusy feed your buns every day??? He does get other veg but i tend to give him this every day because he goes mad for it.

Thanks for compiling this list! I need to give dwight more of a variety! What's funny is I think dwight eats more veggies than I do!!

I bought celery for Dwight the other day and at first he didnt eat it (like all new foods I give him) so my BF was like "Keep them for me, I'll it eat" Of course I said, "no, he'll eat it!" I find it funny that my boyfriends gets Dwights leftover food :lol::D

Ok, I have a very fussy rabbit, he turns his nose up to most things on that list apart from kale, he absolutely loves it, so, I've been giving it to him every day along with spring greens. Curly Kale is in the ok in moderation list, im worried now. What veggies do you gusy feed your buns every day??? He does get other veg but i tend to give him this every day because he goes mad for it.

Right here is my list for my Rabbit, and this list is what she's allowed (well rabbit in general) to eat daily:-

Artichoke
Asparagus
Broccoli
Brussel sprouts
Celery
Cucumber
Caluiflower and its leaves
Curly Kale
Fennel
Peppers(red,green,yello)
Swede
Watercress
Courgette
Basil
Corriander
Dill
Peppermint
Parsley
Thyme
Dandelion

All of these are allowed daily, the rest is moderation and that inlcudes fruits.

Hope this helps a bit!:wave:

Right here is my list for my Rabbit, and this list is what she's allowed (well rabbit in general) to eat daily:-

Artichoke
Asparagus
Broccoli
Brussel sprouts
Celery
Cucumber
Caluiflower and its leaves
Curly Kale
Fennel
Peppers(red,green,yello)
Swede
Watercress
Courgette
Basil
Corriander
Dill
Peppermint
Parsley
Thyme
Dandelion

All of these are allowed daily, the rest is moderation and that inlcudes fruits.

Hope this helps a bit!:wave:

That helps me alot, thank you. :D

Medirabbit.come is a good site with huge list of safe and unsafe foods and a good video about veg which includes nutritional info and a great explanation about gas.

Lots of people seem to be unsure about feeding lettuces because of the dreaded iceburg but there are so many other dark leafy varieties of lettuce which are safe ie escarole,chard, green and red leaf lettuce,frisee. Medirabbit says romaine is safe but it is a american site and romaine does seem to be alot darker in the US and is sometimes very light and watery over here, as a rule the darker outer leaves are better ditch the light ones in the middle, same goes for cabbages.

http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/Food/Food_main.htm
http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/GI_diseases/Food/feeding_en.pdf

blimey, so many confusing sites on what's safe and what isn't - great to have such a variety listed on here:D

eric likes spring greens, fine green beans (not many allowed tho even tho they're his faves as i read they can be bad), cat grass, mint and kale. i've tried many other things but when he turns his nose up at them (broccoli, green pepper, carrot tops, carrots, cucumber....fussy rabbit), my 2 guinea pigs get a bumper treat day - theirs plus extra that lord eric has declined:lol:

x

ooo great list! thanks!

I have a pear tree that is good as I didn't know the twigs were safe it is needs a bit of a trim so that is great!

Note to self - dig up the pesky rubarb that keeps growing back before ruby gets to that part of the garden, The stuff grows out of my grass!!!

Interesting lists. Didn't see radish mentioned much - only that "radish greens" were OK. Does any one know if radishes are OK?

Back