Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So, what got you into "bunnies"?

Default So, what got you into "bunnies"?

As the title says, lets hear your stories.

I wanted a bunny of my own, after taking on the role of looking after the OH's twin sisters!

Sleep tight my Beautiful Bridge bunnies, gone but never ever forgotten <3

I have pledged 1 per month to help Rescues, will you?

I got given a bunny for my 8th birthday. I didn't know I was getting one and I didn't ask for one either but I'm very glad my parents had the idea as I've never looked back since!

I've just always wanted one

Binky Free at the Bridge Jazzy. 07/01/2010

i always had the odd bun or 2 growing up. They are a very distant memory though because I was so young. I was about 16 and i went into a dodgy pet shop and came out with a bunny who they said was female. I didn't want her to be lonely so i got another female from the local paper. Turned out the bun from the pet shop wasn't female at all, was male and i was left with 7 babies i learnt so much from that and thats how i got into rabbits

I wanted a dog for the longest time, but my mother was allergic. So my brother and I put together a 30 minute presentation, complete with: 20 page packet with schedules, cost estimates, and various acceptable breeds, 3 jazz songs (my brother on saxophone, while i sang modified "dog lyrics", and lots and lots of begging.

Mom said no.

So when I finally moved out on my own, a friend of mine told me about her bunny and how much she loved it. I did some research and I fell in love. I got a wonderful nethie and that's that!

Ironically, the girl who got me into bunnies abandoned her bunny when she moved out of state and forced it on her roommates. The bunny died within a few days. She didn't even care.

Mama Doe

I actually have no idea!! I suddenly wanted one when i was about 20 but decided to wait a year or so until I had a garden and was in a better area as was worried it would kept bunny napped!!
    I got my first from P@H and only at that point read up on buns (which i know is completely the wrong way ) but now i'm addicted and read up on them loads and always try and learn new stuff.
    Bridge Buns: Boo (16.10.08 ), Poppy (29.07.09), Angel (06.07.10), Lily (27.09.10), Roxy (01.09.12) & Bella (06.09.13)
    Gone but never forgotten and always loved

Mama Doe

When my husband and I first moved in together, I really wanted a dog, but we were living in a one bedroom flat with no garden, so not enough room.

We had read that rabbits could live indoors, so we decided to get a 'houserabbit' instead. Neither of us had ever cared for a rabbit before and knew little about their needs. If someone now told me they were getting a rabbit from a petshop and knew nothing about their needs I would be horrified, but that is exactly what we did. I think we both had some impression that rabbits just sat quietly in their cages all day and didn't do anything. Yes stupid, ignorant.

However, our first rabbit Kellogg very quickly re-educated us as to the needs of rabbits!! He definitely did not agree with the view that rabbits should sit quietly in their cages all day He saw his role more as running round the flat causing as much mischeif as possible or lounging on the settee fast asleep. He became our messy flatmate who never cleared up after himself And that (far too small) cage we bought was abandoned in a matter of weeks.

And that was how I got into rabbits!!

I had a rabbit as a young child but it was vicious then I had a cat and he was vicious, I had a son and.... Then I went into the pet shop a year ago saw the most gorgeous rabbit - a rex harlequin - never seen a rex before, and fell in love. Pleaded with my hubby and Smudge became mine. (Well actually he is strictly speaking my son's but only to make him feel that animals are good and need looking after) My son loves him but is 9 and it's me that REALLY loves him. The pampered pet he is! I now want another one. I am known as the mad bunny lady! LOL I am obsessed with them.

I always loved bunnies and GSD Dogs.When I was five my dad said if i could swim a mile i could have a bunny.I swam the mile and got peter and Jane.The rest is historyI have photos of me and my buns.When i can work out how to put old photos onto the computer I will put some piccies on RU

awww some lovely stories!!!
    Sleep tight my Beautiful Bridge bunnies, gone but never ever forgotten <3

I have pledged 1 per month to help Rescues, will you?