Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smaller bun = smaller poos? Added: Hiccup question??

Default Smaller bun = smaller poos? Added: Hiccup question??

I've read on a few threads that small poos indicates a health problem but, if the bun is smaller then surely that means their poos will be smaller? Fidget's poos are so much smaller than Frankie's, but he is a fair bit bigger - Just want to see if this is normal...

I'm such a panicky bunny mum at the mo!

Also...... Do rabbits get hiccups?
    Last edited by SisterMoonbeam; 24-03-2009 at 09:29 PM.

thats how i tell alvin and pearl poops apart.. his are about 2/3rds the size of hers and always have been

ive worked out after many panics that as long as they are squishable/moistish then they are good healthy poops... small rock hard stones send fear to my soul

Alvin my precious angel is no longer living with me *sad face*
    RIP Hollywillaboobie love you forever... Alvin is ruling his own little kingdom at Hopper Haven http://www.hopperhaven.org.uk a bunny paradise

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT PLEDGE A POUND - Visit the Pledge a Pound Website and Forum http://pledgeapound.net/about.php

Quote Originally Posted by donnamt View Post
    thats how i tell alvin and pearl poops apart.. his are about 2/3rds the size of hers and always have been

ive worked out after many panics that as long as they are squishable/moistish then they are good healthy poops... small rock hard stones send fear to my soul
    Yup, definitely squishy and moist - phew! Also very plentiful!

Yup, Zeb's are smaller than Flopsys, always have been.
    And yeah they can get hiccups! Scared the life out of me when i first saw Flopsy get them

Sleep Tight Rory and Zebedee, we will always love you xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by *Bex* View Post
    Yup, Zeb's are smaller than Flopsys, always have been.
    And yeah they can get hiccups! Scared the life out of me when i first saw Flopsy get them
    Haha yeah Frankie just scared me to death! Didn't help that he was flopped on his side at the time and i just screamed 'What's he doing?!' 'What the hell is he doing?!' to my OH and he just looked at me as if was nuts and said 'He's hiccuping you fool'

Marsha is a tiny winy mini lop and her poos are bigger than any of the buns... yet alyssas poos are smaller.
    Married Mummy of 1 beautiful little girl - Lyla-Rose

Aiming to make a big dent in my weight this year - started 29.10.11

Started @ 112.1kg
    Current weight @ 102.6kg
    Goal @ 65kg

I AM A FORUM BUDDY PLEASE PM ME FOR ASSISTANCE

Quote Originally Posted by Indiechic View Post
    Marsha is a tiny winy mini lop and her poos are bigger than any of the buns... yet alyssas poos are smaller.
    I wonder why there is such a size difference then - Fidget tends to produce more but smaller.

in some ways the smaller ones look better as they are paler. As my OH says, bigger is always better but you want to aim for big round golden balls Size wise my neddies are small, about the size of a frozen pea or a bit bigger, the other bunnies are usually about the size of a marrow fat pea or a bit bigger if that's any help at all.

Rabbits in rescue need your help www.fatfluffs.com
    Adopt, foster, donate, sponsor, volunteer

Quote Originally Posted by ecudc View Post
    in some ways the smaller ones look better as they are paler. As my OH says, bigger is always better but you want to aim for big round golden balls Size wise my neddies are small, about the size of a frozen pea or a bit bigger, the other bunnies are usually about the size of a marrow fat pea or a bit bigger if that's any help at all.
    Thanks, yeh that helps, it is about the same proportion as frankie and fidget's. Fidget is a little hay hoover so that would explain why her poos look better. Frankie does eat his hay but not as much as i would like.

Warren Scout

Quote Originally Posted by donnamt View Post

this panicked me as Thumpers used to be just like hay they fell apart and was so dry you touched them the crunmpled, now they are darker but smaller?