• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Good Nottingham vets for spaying?

yesheadjon

New Kit
Hi

I posted about this in my earlier thread about whether to get my female bunny spayed but thought I would start a new thread where the title was a bit more obvious!!!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jon

Hi Hunnybunny2007,

Spooky coincidences!!! I know where you mean as I live very close at Radcliffe-on-Trent. Also our rabbit, Rosie, came from none other than Beth at Brinsley Animal Rescue !!!

Thanks for the advice

Jon

Hi,
I use the vets at Bingham. 01949 837571. I have had all four of mine neutered there, 2 girls, 2 boys and have no complaints at all. The practice partner usually does the surgery but for consultations I always ask for the Irish lady, she is good with rabbits and was recommended to me by a friend who has 10 rabbits!

Sorry to hijack, which is the one in Newark?

I have used Newman Watters for two male neuters now and they were excellent. Gave some great advice and both bunnies recovered quickly afterwards. They are fairly cheap to- think it is £44.50 for male and £55.50 for female.

Mine were all snipped and clipped before I got them I'm afraid. I believe they were done at Gamston Vets 4 pets and alot of nottingham forum members use this vets. I have continued to for other things and they do seem to know their stuff. Rachel is a great vet there.

yep i use vets 4 pets to infact my littlest rabbit was spayed there 3 weeks ago and they were brill. Rachel was so nice with her as i had to keep going back as my little bunny didnt cope to well after but is great now. I am also registered with davidsons(as theres one in keyworth) but not that keen on them as i think they are a bit pricey and they told me that both my rabbits teeth would need trimming when vets 4 pets said there fine!

Thanks all for the contributions, looks like Vets4pets in Gamston it is. How much should I expect to pay for a female to be spayed?

Ta

Done and Dusted

Well, many thanks again for the advice. Rosie had the op on Monday, carried out by Rachel at Vets4Pets and is doing fine. I must admit we were on pins for a couple a couple of days as she didn't really seem to want to eat but she was checked today and is fine. Just the final checkup to be done in a week. Rachel is really friendly and puts you at your ease.

The cost was £55.50 (including initial health check as she had not been registered there), and the follow up check was free.

I really appreciate all the advice both on whether to have her spayed or not and where to go. We feel much happier now it is done.

Thanks again one and all

Jon

oo this is a useful thread! i have my Ruby booked into mapperley vets 4 pets on saturday for her jabs and wondered about spaying.

hayleyhelen - how much is spaying at Bingham? i used to use them for my cats, and my mum's dogs, and every critter we had really, hamsters, birds etc, when i lived out that way, and they were always good.

I had Oscar's myxi jab done last week at Mapperley Vets 4 Pets. Liz was very good and offered lots of advice. I'm back there next week for his VHD jab.

Liz at mapperley vets4pets is great i've had 2 boys neautered there and my 2 girls will be going soon to be spayed

Beki, When I got my girls done last year it cost me £56, may have gone up a little, i'm not sure but my friend got her boy done a few months ago and that was still £45.

Back