• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bertie

lynda_m

Warren Veteran
My beloved Bertie was pts today :cry:

I'm totally heart broken.

I knew you weren't very well yesterday when you didn't come running for your breakfast.

Daddy took you to the vets yesterday afternoon and you stayed there for a little bit while they tried to make you better but when I came to get you, they told me you were a very poorly boy.

This morning you wouldn't let me feed you and your tummy had got worse.

I hoped they could save you but they couldn't.

We had a big cuddle, kisses and a little talk about all of our happy times and the times you got me in to trouble by eating things you shouldn't, but then you had to go and Johnny helped you to the bridge.

I am so so sorry that I couldn't help you any more but I could see that you were suffering and didn't want you to hurt any more.

We will all miss you millions, especially your brother Teddy from who you've never really spent time apart.

It's not going to be the same looking out the window in the morning and not seeing you any more.

I can't see what i'm typing any more for the tears :cry:

Binky free at the bridge my big beautiful baby :cry:

I love you more than you will ever know x x x x x x x x x x

Bert.jpg

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
I just burt out crying, it reminded me of trying to write about Blackie and how i couldnt see for the tears.
I really feel your pain and im so very sorry for your loss :( You did what was best and you were a great mum to Bertie:cry:

Binky free at the bridge Bertie you will be miss lots.
Have fun with all the other bunnies, they will look after you
xxxxxxxxxxx:cry:

I am so sorry Lynda, you tried so hard, you are a very good bunny mummy and you did you very best for him

Binky free Bertie, have fun at the bridge when you get there xx

Time will heal your pain, Bertie has given you some very special precious memories and in time these will make you remember him and not feel pain and sadness.

All my love to you.

Andrea x x x

Thank you everyone.

I just feel so helpless, I don't know what to do with poor Teddy either :(

I just wish I could have done more for him x

I was thinking of poor Bertie all day.
So sorry :cry: You made a very brave decision.
Have fun at The Bridge Bertie

Lynda I've just popped on here for an update and I'm so sorry:cry::cry:
He was a beautiful bun who was lucky to have you for his mummy for so long.

Sleep tight Bertie.love Auntie Jill xxx
and hugs to you Lynda xx

:cry::cry: oh dear Lynda, that's so very sad. Poor Bertie, he had a very happy life though and a peaceful end. Big hugs to you and Teddy.

I'm sure Teddy will miss him but animals do seem to get over their losses much easier than us and he will be as happy with a new companion when the time is right for you xxx

Thanks everyone.

I hope he will get over it soon, he has always been very dependable upon his brother, he seems happy enough at the moment, I think I may try him with Benji and the girls at the weekend and see how they all get on as I really don't like the idea of him being outside on his own.

He's in the house with us at the moment.

x

I'm so sorry, it brought a lump to my throat reading your tribute to Bertie. :cry::cry: Sleep tight boy. xxx

Back