Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: At what age can a female rabbit get pregnant?

Default At what age can a female rabbit get pregnant?

Worried now-Marmite tried to hump Minka today!!!! Grabbed him straight off...but worrying about her now don't want her pregnant!!!

You need to split them up asap! You can't be there all the time to pull him off her.

You need to get him neutered and get spayed for their sake

Drake and Josh <3

He's been neutered...but 2 and a half weeks ago!!! REALLY worried now!! x

How old is she? They can get pregnant from 10 - 12 weeks i think

If hes mated with her, then the chances are shes pregnant

You need to keep them seperate for 6 weeks
    Could you offer one of our bunnies in care a forever home?? RSPCA Walsall Bunnies

She's just over 12 weeks I dont know wot I'll do if she's pregnant!!!!!!! How will I know if she is??

She will have babies in around 28 days if shes pregnant You'll have to wait and see i guess.

I dont think the vets would be able to do anything, as shes too young to spey Someone with more knowledge will be along soon.

You'll have to be extra careful for the next 4 weeks, make sure his run is fully secure so he isnt able to escape to get at her Its really important xXx
    Could you offer one of our bunnies in care a forever home?? RSPCA Walsall Bunnies

If she's that young and he was neutered 2.5 weeks ago I'd say it's highly unlikely Females don't usually become sexually mature until 12-16 weeks, and once a male has been neutered all that is left to get a female pregnant is any 'leftover' sperm in the system. The two factors together means I'd say it's very unlikely that your little one is pregnant.
    Rabbits are cheap and easy pets to look after badly.

Santa-thank you you've put my mind at rest for a bit. I think it's weird-when I took Minka to the vets on friday...my vet asked why I wasn't putting them together now and I said because I didnt wana seperate them again once bonded. Why would she suggest putting them together if there was a rick of pregnancy!!?? xx

I will ensure that Marmite and Minka are seperated properly until after she is speyed!!! I need to stop worrying!!

I had the same scare that you did! Only I was slightly less worried, because I only caught my male bun humping my females face. He's not the brightest cookie in the jar, if you follow me

But I told my vet and she just laughed at me for worrying. My girl is 10-11 weeks, and she said it was highly unlikely. And she's also a small breed, so she's like to mature faster than most other breeds. My vet said she'll mature around 3 1/2 - 4 months most likely, so I would say you're still safe. But be careful or baby bunnies will be coming!