Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A silly question about lop breeds

Default A silly question about lop breeds

Ok, I was wondering if any pure bred lops have any movement in their ears?!

It's just something that I was pondering on and has no import at all.

I watch Willow (french lop) and he has movement in his ears, he looks dead funny If he hears a noise his ears move outward to listen better like a plane and then if you put something infront of him he's unsure of his ears move forward so they're alomost level with his mouth, they give him such expression

However our Dwarf lop Daisy appears to have no movement in her ears at all, they just hang there.

Wellie our late french lop appeared to have no movement at all in his ears either.

So I was just wondering really if a true lop has no movement in the ears and so maybe Willow has a trace of another breed in him that allows his ears to move?

Please indulge my aimless wonderings and let me know what you think

Nobody?

I guess there will be movement at the ear base but if the ears are very long/heavy the movement will be minimal

Reference links for various Rabbit health problems
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...ealth-Problems

The Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund (RWAF) ~ The UK's Biggest Organisation for Rabbit Lovers https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/

Animal Rescue and Care (ARC) SW London
    https://animalrescueandcare.org.uk/

Northern Ireland in the seaside town of Larne

well petal is just a medium lop and she has movement in her ears, they look like robot ears
    Linz
    Crown them and bestow hugs and kisses upon them.

Binky free Ralph we shall never forget you.
    For name plates please visit my website
    http://binkybunny.webs.com/

Carlton has a bit of movement, if he's being naughty and knows it, he'll move his ears forward to cover his eyes so you "disappear" and he can carry on with naughtiness!

I call 'em "windscreen wipers"!

Carlton's only gone and got a blog! check it owwwt - blogtastic

Hmmm Dwights ears only move forward and on occasion they jump straight up but not often...so maybe it just depends on the individual rabbit!

it shall remain a bunny mystery then!
    He looks just like you guys say! Robot ears or windscreen wipers!!
    It's just soooo funny!

Alfie can pretty much move his ears into any position he chooses but Bubbles can just about point her ears forward a little if she tries really hard. I wonder if it's to do with the shape of the head too and where the ears are situated - Bubbles' head is much rounder and her ears are set lower down than Alfie's are.

Warren Veteran

my frenchie girlie was also a willow and she was massive as were her ears but she had blinkers ears for interest or guilt..laid back behind her ears for streamlining in the wind she had the one ear forward one back routine to make herself noticed!!
    berties are really heavy ears..hes a small frenchie..5kgs just over...but he moves his ears way forward so theyre in front of his head when he smells banana
    my dwarf lop had helicopter ears and blinkers.
    oscar my mini lop used to move his like that AND put them straight up like a normal bunny
    oddly enough bif has mainly helicopter ears or blinkers but when shes scared her ears go right up and stay up....in fact i thought she was an uppy eared bunny when i got her from the rescue till she relaxed a few days later
    Debbie

Quote Originally Posted by purplebumble View Post
    my frenchie girlie was also a willow and she was massive as were her ears but she had blinkers ears for interest or guilt..laid back behind her ears for streamlining in the wind she had the one ear forward one back routine to make herself noticed!!
    berties are really heavy ears..hes a small frenchie..5kgs just over...but he moves his ears way forward so theyre in front of his head when he smells banana
    my dwarf lop had helicopter ears and blinkers.
    oscar my mini lop used to move his like that AND put them straight up like a normal bunny
    oddly enough bif has mainly helicopter ears or blinkers but when shes scared her ears go right up and stay up....in fact i thought she was an uppy eared bunny when i got her from the rescue till she relaxed a few days later
    That's funny isnt it?! Our Hazel has always been a cross, one ear up one ear down that kinda thing but since we bonded him to Tamlin and they discovered true love his ears hang down nearly permanently now!

Funny bunnies eh?!