Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neuters didn't go to plan :( UPDATE

Default Neuters didn't go to plan :( UPDATE

The dutch boys went in to be neutered today, mowgli came through the op
    okay but fudge got seriously stressed out when the vet tried to weight him and he started mouth breathing so he wasn't done. Mowgli is home and doing okay but was very groggy for a while, fudge is staying at the vets overnight and they might try to neuter him in the morning depending on how he is. I'm seriously worried for fudge now
    Last edited by foofoo; 03-03-2009 at 06:01 PM.

Aww poor thing.
    Cookie was groggy for about 3 days afer neutering, I got the impression that was nothing to worry about and he certainly made a full recovery.
    Your other little man obviously not a vets fan (well, we can understand). Probably won't be too happy after spending the night there, but try not to worry too much I am sure it's nothing they haven't come accross before.
    Hope he is ok, fingers crossed for tomorrow
    Star x

awww hun what a worry... hope hes calm enough for the op tomorrow xxx

Alvin my precious angel is no longer living with me *sad face*
    RIP Hollywillaboobie love you forever... Alvin is ruling his own little kingdom at Hopper Haven http://www.hopperhaven.org.uk a bunny paradise

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT PLEDGE A POUND - Visit the Pledge a Pound Website and Forum http://pledgeapound.net/about.php

Thanks He has breathing issues in general so he's risky to be put under GA, but I don't want him to live alone for the rest of his days and he gets so depressed when he's been separated from mowgli

Awww bless sending calming and stress free vibes x Fingers crossed they can do him today xx
    Dash, Scooter, Missy, Max, Sooty, Jamima, Winston, Reuben, Foxglove, Ron and Smidgen
    Goodnight Hester my Special bun xxx

''It is a truth universally acknowledged that when one part of your life starts going okay, another falls spectacularly to pieces.'' - Bridget Jones
    www.german-shepherd-rescue-scotland.org.uk
    http://www.bunnyhop.co.uk/

Hope everything goes well for Fudge today. Lots of vibes for a stressfree op.

Sponsor a Rainbow Rabbit

Warren Veteran

did the weigh scales have a slippery surface.. my buns get stresed when that is the case and o ur vet puts a towel down on it to make it more comfy.... hope that all neuteres go well xx

Fudge didn't get neutered again! A different vet called me this morning and said she wasn't happy with the rattling noise in his chest and would like to try him on baytril for 10 days then we'll see if he can be done. She said he may have lung problems from an untreated infection He's home now with mowgli and their both okay
    Now we'll have to wait a few weeks to see if he can be done.
    Bunlover, not sure if the scales were slippy or not but he doesn't like the drive there, I'm sure that didn't help things.

Aww poor Fudge
    I hope he is better soon and that he will be well enough for the op so he can be reunited with Mowgli.

Thank you Just hope that the longer course of baytril makes a difference, even though he's well in himself he's still snuffling all the time. The vet made the right decision, I don't want to loose him.