• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Hairless Bunny

Oh im so glad.....i felt for him so much when i seen your first pics.

Some new pics would be good.

Well done Wee Willy xx

Oh bless him!! :love: I can't really say anything useful, except perhaps he should be a house bunny ...... He's soooo cute though, I hope he does ok xx

Fortunately, the little guy has two brothers to keep him warm, plus I think somebody is making sweaters for him.

From what I've heard when he was at the shelter he had a little more hair than when the rescue got him. He's just a little baby, maybe 6 weeks old or so (I'm not very good at aging bunnies, but that's what I'd guess).

I think everybody is pretty much stumped about his condition though. The lady that runs the rescue is a total bunny expert and she's never even seen this before. Anyway, thanks for all of the well wishes, I sure hope he continues to thrive.

Here is a pic of him with one of his brothers...

willybrother.jpg

What a brave wee bun, I am so glad his hair has grown back, its about time something nice blooming happened!!!!

my family have been dealing with rabbits for years and we r from the caribbean. a few years back my mom bought 2 hairless rabbits. at first i thought they were sick but i soon found out that they wernt.

hairless rabbits are supposed to be raised in warm climate. they need to be kept in a warm home where there is no direct hit from the sun because there skin is so thin they r vulnarable to diseases.
my hairless rabits are very much healthy n are growing as each day goes.

try your best to keep that bunny warm....

Ah balls. :oops: im not well, I didn't notice it was so long ago.. :lol: its still interesting to see a hairless bunny though.

Back