• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

new arrivals, interesting fact on guineapigs

bunnyrun

Mama Doe
today ive taken in 2 little guineapigs male and female living together:shock: not neutered:roll: so when i said to the owner "Ill expect the pitter patter of tiny feet soon then":roll: i was told "longhaired guineapigs are infertile so no you wont be expecting babies" so then who agree,s this is true;)

:lol::lol::lol:
Thats what happened to me, too.
But i was told my female pig was baren.
She was with a long haired pig at the time.
Took a few months together, and bingo. :oops:
I had them of a breeder who didn't want her.
She's the brown 1 in my signature, now lives with Twinkle, :D

another interesting fact i learnt today was apparently ferrets and rabbits live happily together :shock: that conversation did get very heated:evil:

If longhaired guinea pigs were infertile...where do they come from?:shock:

That's exactly what i thought! I knew someone who used to breed a longhaired guinea pig with its own son :shock::evil: and they picked them up by there fur :censored:

I havent laughed like that for YEARS!!!
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif

Seriously - are there really people THAT thick? Watch out, they reproduce and they live among us! :shock::shock::shock:

another interesting fact i learnt today was apparently ferrets and rabbits live happily together :shock: that conversation did get very heated:evil:

One of my ferrets live with a bun but when he was a week old his mum passed away so we put him in with a doe who had just kindled and she brought him up he doesnt eat any meat only cat biscuits and still lives with a bunny now. but any of my other ferrets if they came in contact with a rabbit with wire between them there would be a blood bath Arctic is the only one i could ever trust with bunnys

Yeeaaaah... We've had nearly all fur-shapes in guinea pigs at school in the past, texels, shelties (longhaired) teddies and whatnot...they all had babies at one point. :roll: True one of the longhaired females was having problems getting pregnant, she lived with a male for two months, so we separated them so he wouldn't breed her again if she gave birth, and she had her babies 2 months later:shock:

I get rather mad when I hear from people who have male and female animals together...and don't expect them to breed. Rodents (and most animals generally) have an instinct to mate as often as possible. There are species of mice where the male will literally mate himself to death as he goes in search of females and "forgets" to eat... Campbell hamsters are similar too, the male helps with the birth only so he can mate with the female soon after.
How can anyone get surprised at a litter if they KNOW the animals are opposite sex?

Well, the ferret would happily - and rather well fed too. Honest to god, some people haven't got the brains they were born with.

today ive taken in 2 little guineapigs male and female living together:shock: not neutered:roll: so when i said to the owner "Ill expect the pitter patter of tiny feet soon then":roll: i was told "longhaired guineapigs are infertile so no you wont be expecting babies" so then who agree,s this is true;)

Do you think that would work with humans too? :lol::lol:

Back