• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Photos Of Your Outside Housing Needed Please for Rabbit Expo!

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
Hi everyone.

Well by now some of you will know that I am setting up a 'Rabbit Expo' for Saturday 24th January.

I was wondering if there are any of you with good photos of your rabbits' accommodation that you would allow me to print out and describe for the stand on 'suitable rabbit accommodation'.

If you are happy for me to use your photos, please post them on here together with your name, where you living and any useful tips that I can add to the photos to help others with less ideas than yourselves. For all pictures used, I will credit the photos to you of course.

What I am looking for is accommodation at least 5x2x2 with attached runs or sheds/wendy houses. The photos need to be good enough quality to print off on a home printer.

Thanks massively in advance.

Helen :D

Last edited:
This is Sienna & Dudley's bunny pad - 5x2x2 Ryedale hutch with extra 5x5 on front, so total 45 square feet. If you want me to e-mail you the pic so it's better quality then give me a shout by PM or e-mail abi@fatfluffs.com x

P3280399.jpg

This is Sienna & Dudley's bunny pad - 5x2x2 Ryedale hutch with extra 5x5 on front, so total 45 square feet. If you want me to e-mail you the pic so it's better quality then give me a shout by PM or e-mail abi@fatfluffs.com x

P3280399.jpg

Thanks Abi - that should be fine. It looks lovely and clean! Good example of what people can buy without too much trouble hey... What's not to like?

Helen:D

Mine is a double storey 5x3:
DSC01350.jpg

DSC01348.jpg

We then added a home made(weld mesh because of the foxes) run which is 5x5 giving them a total of 8x5 underneath to which they can have 24 hr access when they are unable to get out onto the garden during etreme weather.
DSC02601.jpg

Mine is a double storey 5x3:
DSC01350.jpg

DSC01348.jpg

We then added a home made(weld mesh because of the foxes) run which is 5x5 giving them a total of 8x5 underneath to which they can have 24 hr access when they are unable to get out onto the garden during etreme weather.
DSC02601.jpg

Thanks Hilda.

I think loads of people who are new to rabbiting will find it interesting to see how you can use the vet bed type linings instead of shavings through out.

Great stuff.

Helen x

Hi i could try and take some decent ones of mine!! It's a good size,double hutch 6ft x 2 1/2 ft within a 6ft x 11ft avairy. here it is, sorry photos a bit c***p!
129.jpg

133.jpg

Hey Tanya

Thanks for those. That's a good way to show how you can use aviary panels so may well be able to use those. If you do get a chance for a couple more of the same, that would be super.

It looks a bit ramshackle but it's secure and it works! I've redone it since then but I don't have a good camera at the moment so this is all I have.

05092007026.jpg

05092007019.jpg

Here's what they looked like at our previous house:
2ac9d9d4.jpg

Thank you! I have got some of those wendy houses so it's good to show how they can be used differently.

Helen :D

this is ours! The bought house in front which was soon sold and our own handy work behind. With the added advantage of having a ramp for the buns to gain full access of their house.

DSC00443.jpg

this is the build thread here

this is ours! The bought house in front which was soon sold and our own handy work behind. With the added advantage of having a ramp for the buns to gain full access of their house.

DSC00443.jpg

this is the build thread here

Blimey, that shows up the one in front for the size that it is. The new one is fab!

Thank you.

Back