Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone have any tips?

Default anyone have any tips?

On how to quieten honey down at night yesterday she was out all day from 10am to 11pm and she was going mad untill 3am biting her bars to her cage, she had a few new toys in to keep her entertained and her food hiden places etc for her to find she just goes mad.... i dont want to buy her a new cage just now and she cant free range so what do i do now??

Warren Scout

i had this exact problem with my fudge,in the end i put a sheet over the front of his cage and that stopped him,well it stopped him for 1 night,in the end i had to give into him and let him out 24/7

she already has a towel over her cage wich has topped her for a while but now shes back to biting for hours someone on her suggested putting her in her cage an hour before we actually went to bed wich ive also been trying but no change.

Warren Scout

i tryed that stop chewing spray on the bars but that didnt work,in the end i coudnt do anything else other than let him out,could you not do this?

hmmm not really because she downstairs and bites the walls and ive got patio doors with blinds that she bites and i cant really bunnyproof them... i would need to look at brining her upstairs but the problem there is when shes out she bites the guinea pig bars on there cage.....

its weird bcoz when she is free range during the day sometimes she sits in her cage anyway it just seems to be when she knows she cant get out shes not happy!!

Could you not slide a large flattened cardboard box between the bars and the bunny? I know some set ups you can't do this will, but it will act as a barrier, so it doesn't become a habit

its a nero 4 so i would need to box the whole thing lol.... ive tried putting a towel where she normally bites wich helps sometimes..

does she has any companion w/ her? Is she spray?
    "The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Gandhi

I had this problem with my Splodge. Is honey in on her own in the cage? If she is it is likely that she is bored.

My poor Splodge used to go mental with the bars on the cage and I realised a bit too late that she was bored and lonely! (she became very very naughty due to being left!) when I got Scrumpie she was so happy and isn't quite as destructive now. I also took her out of the cage as she just didn't seem to like it.

Mum to:
    Splodge, Blackberry, Moo, Liquorice & Georgie Pudding the buns
    Tufty, Pippin, Marvin, Dilly, Mo, Jingle, Belle, Tinsel, Eggbert, Frosty, Quaver, Pumpkin, Spooky & Spider the zebra finches (beeps)
    Cosy the cat
    Rainbow Bridge: Scrumpie Jack
    Rainbow Bridge beeps: Edward, Stanley, Lilly, Snowy, Pye, Twiggy, Tilly, Molly, Oliver, Milly, Tony & Margie

Check out my divine store at:
    www.soapysaurus.co.uk

she is herself yeah and not yet spayed she will get done in a few months when we are more sure of her age didnt want it done to early as we were slightly unsure how old she was.... was thinking about getting her companion but its only a nero 4 dont want it getting to crowded lol! maybe a nethie dwarf lol