Thread: Loud Play

Default Loud Play

Ok, so for 16 hours of the day my buns have free run play. Apart from hearing tem tear around the room for the 1st hour with excitment there pretty silent, just mischeavous

10pm every night there locked back in there cage with there dinner (fresh veg as they voluntarly go back in then lol) They munch away and flop out. But when i go to bed and through 1st few hours Dreama decides out off the hours in the day to actualy play with the toys, fair do but one of her favourate games is the bunny scewer (sp) hanging on the side of the cage. She will sit ages thrashing ip up and down, she loves swinging it up and round so it goes over her head. I can see the enjoyment she is having, she loves it, but the constant clanking of it on the cage is extremely loud to the point it wakes one of my sons up and he gets stroppy also

I havent the heart to move it else where as that will spoil her play and i cant think of anything I can do to reduce the noise so its driving us mental.

Any ideas? Oh and anyone else's bunny do simular things?

Mama Doe

I had to have gizmo in my room last night because of the landlord coming over today, and he is a right pain! He was laying nice and quietly while my elephant housemate was stomping around, yet the moment she stopped he decided it was playtime! He started chewing the bars, doing laps of his cage, pushing his litter tray all over the place, and then he tugged the duvet cover i've lined the bottom with, pulled my book in and has given it a good nibble!! And now I'm awake he's being very quiet again!

When i had Millie and Thumper in my room they were quiet all day untill i went to bed then they decided to play! Digging, biting bars on their cage and throwing toys everywhere!!!

Now they are gone (spare room) and i have Fudge! She sleeps all night and at 6 in the morning she wants out of her cage and bits the bars and wont stop until she is out and got brekkie!

I dont have any sugestions to keep them quiet! just remove the toy at night and put it back in in the morning! thats all i can think of!

Bunny Mummy to Miss Fudge Mallow
    Kitty Cat mummy to Ragdolls Jasper and Bella
    And Ragdoll x Maine Coon Kittens Harley and Freya

R.I.P Blackie my little boy 17/12/07 - 03/03/09
    You'll Be in my heart, from this day on, now and forever more xxxxEven though i cant see you everyday i will think of you and we will be together again xxx Fudge misses you and will always love you xxx

I must say i find it hard sleeping with a bun in the same room.
    We have our house buns in our converted attic, that is also very nosey.

Mine tend to throw things about the cage and pull the hay from the hay rack with there feet and chew the bars!
    Sleep tight my Beautiful Bridge bunnies, gone but never ever forgotten <3

I have pledged 1 per month to help Rescues, will you?

my bridge bunny Thumper used to sleep in my bed! bad idea! he never pee-ed just ran up and down the bed! hopped about on my head until i let him under the covers!! Crazy Bunnie!!! lol

Sometimes at night you can hear mine Tearing up cardboard or running around in her cage.

Its only that toy clanking noise thats keeping me awake. I mean in my bedroom I have 11 rats and 22 mice (some fosters) plus the rabbits and I can happily sleep through all of them apart from this awful clanking I suppose I could remove it at night but i feel real mean doing that

I did one night leave them out the cage, lol big mistake. They found it the best fun ever to dive on and off my head an face, I had scratches galore, so dont allow them now. They go in the cage at 10pm when i go up to bed, ad as soon as I get up at 6am I let them out again.

Belle and Perry are in my room and at precisely 6.20 every morning, Perry begins to pick the pen up between his teeth and lets it crash on the wooden floor where he will then repeat the exercise. Its cos he's hungry and just reminding me that its time i got off my a**e and fed him. Not so bad during the week when i have to get up for work but on a sat morning . Unfortunately Perry has not learned how to distinguish between weekdays and week ends just yet...

My gorgeous pugs Chester and Poppy and my beautiful tortoise, Moo x

im now convinced this ritual of loud play is for my benifit. As usual last night she started with a few mins of me getting in bed. I kept peeking over my book and caught her every now and then stopping and seeing if I was looking