Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Please send vibes - Bambi now :-( U/D Blood results are back may not be good :-(

lots n lots n lots of vibes coming ur way for mrs! xxxxxxxxx

Sending loads of vibes hun xxxx
    Dash, Scooter, Missy, Max, Sooty, Jamima, Winston, Reuben, Foxglove, Ron and Smidgen
    Goodnight Hester my Special bun xxx

''It is a truth universally acknowledged that when one part of your life starts going okay, another falls spectacularly to pieces.'' - Bridget Jones
    www.german-shepherd-rescue-scotland.org.uk
    http://www.bunnyhop.co.uk/

Sending loads of vibes xx

I'm so sorry to hear Bambi is poorly; you must be so worried. Sending lots of vibes for the little sweetie.

Warren Veteran

HUGS!!!!!!!!and VIBES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to you and her!!!!!

Well the vets just called, they have done her blood test, she has a high glucose level and also one high enzyme level in her liver - they are sending away her blood samples to the lab now so analysis as the vet said they cant base glucose levels on one test as it can alter depending on what they have eaten and their stress levels etc.

So basically they want to make sure her liver does not have a primary disease and if it is diabetets that it is only diabetes that they are treating rather than them treating something when there is an underlying problem with her liver.

So I got to collect her tonight and feed her up on lots of veg hay pellets and I am going to give her porrridge too.

She weighed 2.76kg in Feb 2007 and today she weighs 1.56kg

I hope I have made sense and if anybody understands all of this could I have your thougths please as it all is so confusing to me
    xº°”˜`”°º×CARYS׺°”˜`”°ºx

Mommy to Bino, Orchid, Donkey, Binky, Bluebeard and Delboy the staffie x

Binky Free Little Man, Britney, Poppet, Bobby, Bessie and Bambi my special little girl :-(

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by BirdieBun View Post
    Well the vets just called, they have done her blood test, she has a high glucose level and also one high enzyme level in her liver - they are sending away her blood samples to the lab now so analysis as the vet said they cant base glucose levels on one test as it can alter depending on what they have eaten and their stress levels etc.

So basically they want to make sure her liver does not have a primary disease and if it is diabetets that it is only diabetes that they are treating rather than them treating something when there is an underlying problem with her liver.

So I got to collect her tonight and feed her up on lots of veg hay pellets and I am going to give her porrridge too.

She weighed 2.76kg in Feb 2007 and today she weighs 1.56kg

I hope I have made sense and if anybody understands all of this could I have your thougths please as it all is so confusing to me
    Diabetes is very rare in Buns. Without knowing what Liver enzyme was abnormal I cant really make any suggestions The fuller screening will give the Vet a better picture of what might be going on.
    If Bambi is in a group she may need to be fed seperately to make sure she gets her share of things. She may also benefit from being indoors as she wont want to be burning off calories to keep herself warm. She needs all her energy intake to build herself up.

Milk Thistle is very helpful for Liver problems. Maybe you could ask the Vet about it?

http://www.natural-alternative-produ...ml-p-1667.html
    I AM NOW POSTING AS 'InspectorMorse' BECAUSE A TECHNICAL PROBLEM HAS LOCKED ME OUT OF MY 'Jack's-Jane' ACCOUNT ON SOME DEVICES !!

Awwww Jane thank you well they said we should get the results in 3 days so as soon as they are in the vet will ring me with a course of action, I think as it stands she is at a loss until she gets definite answers.

I dont really know about keeping her indoors as she lives in a group of 4 so I will bring her in for food to feed her extra bits and bobs but she is eating alot and has eaten all her food at the vets over night.

I have just been and brought a huge bag of straw so I can make their bed extra cosy and I am going to feed her sooooooo much she is going to be so full bless her.

I am thinking some porridge - what else is good and fattening? We have some barley rings on order too as I knwo they are fattening

P.s The link doesn't work Jane
    xº°”˜`”°º×CARYS׺°”˜`”°ºx

Binky Free Little Man, Britney, Poppet, Bobby, Bessie and Bambi my special little girl :-(

Quote Originally Posted by BirdieBun View Post
    what else is good and fattening?
    sunflower seeds, alfapha hay, oat hay, good luck Carys and Bambi, I hope all is nothing to worry about and that it is something simple to cure
    Denny

I've been Boo'd lol

Thanks Denny x x
    xº°”˜`”°º×CARYS׺°”˜`”°ºx