Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: freecycle bunny

  1. #1
    Young Bun
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    39

    Default freecycle bunny

    hi all im new here,ive been looking for a new bunnie after my old girl died sadly beginning of this year she was 9 years old,and i was on my computer today and i got emails through from freecycle and there was a mum and 5 week old rabbit on there god knows how it got on cos animals arnt ment to be allowed on there,any way im going to fetch them both at 2pm,wish me luck and i will post pictures when i get them home

  2. #2
    Warren Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    9,199

    Default

    be very careful when moving mum and babies.... is ther only one baby? where are the rest? take them all if you cna. they shouldnt leave mum until 8 weeks. keep them warm and good luck after collection report them to the mods xx

  3. #3
    Young Bun
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    39

    Default

    hi ive been told there is only the one baby, i bet the otheres have been rehomed i will be very careful thankyou i will post when they are here and safe

  4. #4
    Warren Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    9,199

    Default

    well done on being able to take them in see if once bun is handed over the previous owner would let you contact the other"new owners" of the young kits and if they could possibly stay with mum until 8 weeks instead then be rehomed back to the "new owners" let us know how you get on xx

  5. #5
    Wise Old Thumper Phill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    16,751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bunlover View Post
    other"new owners" of the young kits and if they could possibly stay with mum until 8 weeks instead then be rehomed back to the "new owners" let us know how you get on xx
    there is a chance if you did this mum wouldn't feed them ifthe babys have been away for a while so unfortunatly i wouldn't bother. At 5 week old baby will be feeding itself and still suckeling from mum and the risk during house moving is much lower but there is still a risk make sure you keep mum and baby as quiet as possible and try if you can to get soemthing from the owner out of there old hutch, some hay or shavings, even mums nest of the owner hasn't got rid of it. good luck and keep us posted
    Dash, Scooter, Missy, Max, Sooty, Jamima, Winston, Reuben, Foxglove, Ron and Smidgen
    Goodnight Hester my Special bun xxx

    ''It is a truth universally acknowledged that when one part of your life starts going okay, another falls spectacularly to pieces.'' - Bridget Jones
    www.german-shepherd-rescue-scotland.org.uk
    http://www.bunnyhop.co.uk/

  6. #6
    Warren Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    9,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    there is a chance if you did this mum wouldn't feed them ifthe babys have been away for a while so unfortunatly i wouldn't bother. At 5 week old baby will be feeding itself and still suckeling from mum and the risk during house moving is much lower but there is still a risk make sure you keep mum and baby as quiet as possible and try if you can to get soemthing from the owner out of there old hutch, some hay or shavings, even mums nest of the owner hasn't got rid of it. good luck and keep us posted
    oh i didnt think about that ok well good luck with buns yoou save x

  7. #7
    Young Bun
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    39

    Default

    well the person went out so im going to fetch them in the morning

  8. #8
    Mama Doe Hopper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    1,848

    Default

    Why do they make arrangements then go out.

    Best of luck with them xx

  9. #9
    Young Bun
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    39

    Default

    still no luck she wasnt in again,im going to try and get tonight she has sent me photos of them through,there was 3 babies in the litter and the other 2 babies have already gone to new homes

  10. #10
    Wise Old Thumper Sparkle x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    10,667

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bunhun View Post
    still no luck she wasnt in again,im going to try and get tonight she has sent me photos of them through,there was 3 babies in the litter and the other 2 babies have already gone to new homes
    They are/were too young to leave mum
    Oh gosh i hope you get mum and remaining baby away.
    Just hope the move doesnt stress mum.
    As mentioned try and get some bedding from there hutch.
    Sleep tight my Beautiful Bridge bunnies, gone but never ever forgotten <3

    I have pledged 1 per month to help Rescues, will you?

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •