Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: freecycle bunny

Young Bun

Default freecycle bunny

hi all im new here,ive been looking for a new bunnie after my old girl died sadly beginning of this year she was 9 years old,and i was on my computer today and i got emails through from freecycle and there was a mum and 5 week old rabbit on there god knows how it got on cos animals arnt ment to be allowed on there,any way im going to fetch them both at 2pm,wish me luck and i will post pictures when i get them home

Warren Veteran

be very careful when moving mum and babies.... is ther only one baby? where are the rest? take them all if you cna. they shouldnt leave mum until 8 weeks. keep them warm and good luck after collection report them to the mods xx

Young Bun

hi ive been told there is only the one baby, i bet the otheres have been rehomed i will be very careful thankyou i will post when they are here and safe

Warren Veteran

well done on being able to take them in see if once bun is handed over the previous owner would let you contact the other"new owners" of the young kits and if they could possibly stay with mum until 8 weeks instead then be rehomed back to the "new owners" let us know how you get on xx

Quote Originally Posted by bunlover View Post
    other"new owners" of the young kits and if they could possibly stay with mum until 8 weeks instead then be rehomed back to the "new owners" let us know how you get on xx
    there is a chance if you did this mum wouldn't feed them ifthe babys have been away for a while so unfortunatly i wouldn't bother. At 5 week old baby will be feeding itself and still suckeling from mum and the risk during house moving is much lower but there is still a risk make sure you keep mum and baby as quiet as possible and try if you can to get soemthing from the owner out of there old hutch, some hay or shavings, even mums nest of the owner hasn't got rid of it. good luck and keep us posted
    Dash, Scooter, Missy, Max, Sooty, Jamima, Winston, Reuben, Foxglove, Ron and Smidgen
    Goodnight Hester my Special bun xxx

''It is a truth universally acknowledged that when one part of your life starts going okay, another falls spectacularly to pieces.'' - Bridget Jones
    www.german-shepherd-rescue-scotland.org.uk
    http://www.bunnyhop.co.uk/

Warren Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    there is a chance if you did this mum wouldn't feed them ifthe babys have been away for a while so unfortunatly i wouldn't bother. At 5 week old baby will be feeding itself and still suckeling from mum and the risk during house moving is much lower but there is still a risk make sure you keep mum and baby as quiet as possible and try if you can to get soemthing from the owner out of there old hutch, some hay or shavings, even mums nest of the owner hasn't got rid of it. good luck and keep us posted
    oh i didnt think about that ok well good luck with buns yoou save x

Young Bun

well the person went out so im going to fetch them in the morning

Why do they make arrangements then go out.

Best of luck with them xx

Young Bun

still no luck she wasnt in again,im going to try and get tonight she has sent me photos of them through,there was 3 babies in the litter and the other 2 babies have already gone to new homes

Quote Originally Posted by bunhun View Post
    still no luck she wasnt in again,im going to try and get tonight she has sent me photos of them through,there was 3 babies in the litter and the other 2 babies have already gone to new homes
    They are/were too young to leave mum
    Oh gosh i hope you get mum and remaining baby away.
    Just hope the move doesnt stress mum.
    As mentioned try and get some bedding from there hutch.
    Sleep tight my Beautiful Bridge bunnies, gone but never ever forgotten <3

I have pledged 1 per month to help Rescues, will you?