• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Good folding run?

Becki xX

Warren Veteran
Does anyone know where I can get a well-made, sturdy folding run from? The house we are buying has the tiniest garden, and Rhia will free-range in it whilst we're around but when we're all out at work for long periods I want something safe to put her in. Only has to be 6x4 sorta size, as I said its only for when we're all out. Cheers m'dears :D X

Does anyone know where I can get a well-made, sturdy folding run from? The house we are buying has the tiniest garden, and Rhia will free-range in it whilst we're around but when we're all out at work for long periods I want something safe to put her in. Only has to be 6x4 sorta size, as I said its only for when we're all out. Cheers m'dears :D X

Think you read my mind we desperatley need a run for Gwen. She has a two tiered hutch which we bought when we got her as her previous hutch was tiny but my uncle, who we got her off, was using a homemade run for during the day which though it is 6ft long is an apex type run so has hardly any space.
I've checked out the happy hutch site and love the 6ft by 4ft one but at £128 its out of our price range at the mo did think of getting this one

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360097014437&ssPageName=ADME:X:SCO:GB:1123

Has anyone had any experience of dealing with this company?

I'd go for it, I like the fact it has the little hatch on top so you can fuss the buns or put food in without having to lift the whole top. Plus the shelter is cute :lol:

I've got the one louise and Gus linked to. The run is excellent quality & well worth the money - the hatch on top is very handy for putting the buns in the run - I found that Alfie would jump straight back out again if I had the whole lid off lol. :lol:

The shelter is absolutely huge but sadly mine fell apart after a couple of weeks so I need to try to reassemble the whole thing again. :?

I also had the one louise and Gus linked to but had real problems with it. The lid broke after a couple of weeks and I tried dozens of times to contact them but nobody replied.

This was about 18 months ago so they may have made the run stronger although it does look the same.

Mine is fine - but if you move it around a lot I've found that some of the hinges have worked themselves a bit loose. I wouldn't put buns in it and go out though, because it is folding it would be too easy for a fox, dog, cat etc to run into and make it collapse on itself - for unsupervised use I'd want to put hasp and staples on the sides at the point of the fold and attach the lid to them, so that it can't be folded whilst the lid is locked on. I only use it when I'm round and about and keeping an eye on them.

Thanks folks. Amy that looks good but has to be able to fold right down as it will take over the whole garden otherwise :) Lynne, John at Dawsons animal housing said he doesnt make folding runs :? And thanks for that info Alison, I like the look of that one & it seems a good price; just needs to be suitable for unsupervised use or it is a bit pointless. Hmmmmm XX

To be honest I'd be wary about any foldable run for unsupervised use, unless it's got a really good set of locks and bolts on each fold. Otherwise it'll just collapse in on itself if a fox, cat etc attempts to ram raid it.

To be honest I'd be wary about any foldable run for unsupervised use, unless it's got a really good set of locks and bolts on each fold. Otherwise it'll just collapse in on itself if a fox, cat etc attempts to ram raid it.

I guess there is nothing stopping us making alterations & adding strong bolts etc :) Think im going to go for this run Alison, just wondered though whether you found the height a problem? Shes not a small bun & Im wondering whether 2ft would be tall enough for her :?

My runs are all wooden folding ones and there is absolutley no way it can collapse on itself, no way at all, esp with the lid on.

I got mine from an ebay site. I can't remember the ebay name but I ended up phoning them anyway as I wanted the run made a bit taller than the norm so that the buns would have ample headroom even when sitting on top of the boxes, as they do!! The company is INPETS, and the guy I spoke to was Ray Edwards. It's a Scunthorpe address. Not sure if I'm allowed to give out details here, so pm me if you want the telephone number etc. It is so strong and welll made that rog copied the design when he made my second one.:lol:

Back