• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can rabbits eat any part of a grape vine?

I'm not sure on that one. Scamp ate a whole one from the roots up :roll: without any problems but that doesn't necessarily make them safe.

I'm not sure on that one. Scamp ate a whole one from the roots up :roll: without any problems but that doesn't necessarily make them safe.

According to the rwa the grape vine is not a plant that will harm a rabbit - I have had one in our garden for years and my previous and current bunnies have come to no harm. Ask your vet if in doubt.

Grape vines are said to be non-toxic to rabbits. I believe that vineyard owners consider rabbits to be quite the pest because they have developed such a love for the entire vine! So, I would assume that it's true that it is non-toxic to our domestic rabbits.

I have two grape vines in my garden and as such my bunnies eat the leaves that fall ( as did my prevous bunny) with no ill effects! If you are unsure as to what is toxic etc check out rwa plants that are toxic.

My bunnies eat the fallen leaves from my grape vine. I would check about toxicity though. Some plants seem to affect some rabbits while others are unaffected-perhaps depends how much they eat? Also differing varieties of plants may have different effects_Sue:wave:

Back