Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Can rabbits eat any part of a grape vine?

  1. #1
    Mama Doe angieb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    burnley, lancashire
    Posts
    1,661

    Default Can rabbits eat any part of a grape vine?

    My question is can rabbits eat any part of a grape vine????
    Thanks Angela.

    mummy to 3 children, 1 man, 3 dogs, 3 cats, and of course 2 rabbits!

  2. #2
    Mama Doe angieb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    burnley, lancashire
    Posts
    1,661

    Default

    I have a grape vine and wondered if they can eat the leaves and branchs?
    Thanks Angela.

    mummy to 3 children, 1 man, 3 dogs, 3 cats, and of course 2 rabbits!

  3. #3

    Default

    I'm not sure on that one. Scamp ate a whole one from the roots up without any problems but that doesn't necessarily make them safe.

  4. #4
    Warren Scout marvy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tamsin View Post
    I'm not sure on that one. Scamp ate a whole one from the roots up without any problems but that doesn't necessarily make them safe.
    According to the rwa the grape vine is not a plant that will harm a rabbit - I have had one in our garden for years and my previous and current bunnies have come to no harm. Ask your vet if in doubt.

  5. #5
    Mama Doe
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    1,724

    Default

    Grape vines are said to be non-toxic to rabbits. I believe that vineyard owners consider rabbits to be quite the pest because they have developed such a love for the entire vine! So, I would assume that it's true that it is non-toxic to our domestic rabbits.

  6. #6
    Warren Scout marvy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    229

    Default

    I have two grape vines in my garden and as such my bunnies eat the leaves that fall ( as did my prevous bunny) with no ill effects! If you are unsure as to what is toxic etc check out rwa plants that are toxic.

  7. #7
    Mama Doe sdf76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    gloucestershire
    Posts
    3,652

    Default

    My bunnies eat the fallen leaves from my grape vine. I would check about toxicity though. Some plants seem to affect some rabbits while others are unaffected-perhaps depends how much they eat? Also differing varieties of plants may have different effects_Sue

  8. #8
    Wise Old Thumper *Spider*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Chelmsford Essex
    Posts
    14,214

    Default

    oh yes, Ghost being the little minx she is loves to have a nibble on the grape vine!
    Hetty...


    My Heart Has Joined the Thousand, For My Friend Stopped Running Today.
    Have fun at the bridge my gorgeous Gabriel and Benji. Scarlett will look after you x x

  9. #9
    Wise Old Thumper ~ Cat ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    10,316

    Default

    Lola goes bonkers for grape stalks (when I am ramming my face full).

  10. #10

    Default

    I think people can eat grape leaves which implies they aren't toxic

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •