• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jekyll and Maugrim (Rats)

Lillian

Warren Veteran
Its hard to breath or see through the tears but i feel i must write this. Today my two beautiful babies were put to sleep. Losing one rat is heartbreaking, losing two there just isnt the words to explain that kind of pain.

Maugrim 25/06/06 - 15/09/08

maugrim.jpg

DSCF0001.jpg

NewPics018.jpg

DSCF0043.jpg

I got you when you were a tiny baby, i loved your beautiful colouring. From the day i got you you had health problems. But you kept on going regardless, two vets said they were surprised you'd lived so long with everything wrong. You were a sweet little girl, liked licking people :love:

Jekyll 05/08/07 - 15/09/08

jh.jpg

DSCF0002-3.jpg

DSCF0006-2.jpg

jekyllelie.jpg

DSCF0013-2.jpg

jekyll4scarpie.jpg

My darling Jekyll, theres not a single person who met you who didn't instantly fall inlove with you. You were truly the sweetest little thing. You were my baby, so cuddly and trusting. I will never ever forget you!

I wish i could write about how wonderful these rats were and now happy they made me, but i can't find the words right now. Theres nothing worse than the guilt of what i have done to these babies, the vet may say its for the best but it doesnt feel that why to me, especially as there little eyes watched me as the vets took them out the back :cry::cry::cry: I miss you Jekyll and Maugrim, i love you so much :cry:

Last edited:
im so sorry lil i saw you were making a thread and i had a feeling hugs to you and may they forever rest in peace

I am so sorry (((((((((Hugs))))))))))) :cry:

RIP jekyll and maugrim run free at the bridge :cry:

I'm sorry to hear of your loss:cry:-such beautiful rats
-run free at rainbow bridge Jektyll and Maugrim-Suex

I'm sorry sweetie, but please know there are people who do understand how you're feeling. I had two of my girls pts in April with inoperable tumours. Right to the end their personalities shone through.

These little animals make such a big impact on our lives. Celebrate the wonderful life they had with you. Over time you'll smile when you remember their antics.

Helping them on their way to The Bridge when they needed to go was the last kindness you can do for them. It broke my heart letting two of mine go, but I knew it had to be done.

~~~Hugs~~~

Take Care xxx

Thank you everyone, i didn't sleep last night. Keep breaking down in tears :cry: Still have to clean there cages out but just can't bring myself to do it, feels to final. They were such wonderful rats, i'd do anything to hold them one last time. Now i just have Hyde, my poor lonely rat. She keeps looking around for the other two :cry: I'd love to get her a friend but i promised myself no more rats, its too much pain.

oh I'm so sorry :cry: Maugrim looked just like my little Monty too :cry: So sad. Scurry free at the bridge little ones x x x

Dear Maugrim and Jekyll

A whole year has passed since you left but everyday you have been in my heart and mind. I spent months playing your last weeks over and over, analyzing everything i did to see if i missed anything, if i couldn't have changed something to make you stay and i came to the conclusion that i could have done more, given the chance again i could save you. I know i failed you, and i am so sorry. I love you both dearly, nothing can take away the time we had nor the love i feel for you. I hope you are resting peacefully, my little angels xxxx

:cry:

Back