Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Praying for rain - Piccies added UD we have rain UD again it all went wrong

Default Praying for rain - Piccies added UD we have rain UD again it all went wrong

Mad aint I

I have covered all my runs today and omg it was a massive job, I am shocked it didn't end in Bryn's and my divorce (well it would of if we were married), we rowed over the right way to do it, threw things around the garden, oh the joy . We couldn't get round the back of the runs at the bottom as they're too close to the edge, I was tempted to go and asked the hedge cutting neighbour to staple it as he could reach better than us . The hutches felt damp and although they were not leaking (well one sodding was, that's another story) I think the buns were getting wet in their runs and trampling back through to their bedding. We have spent the day getting them ready for winter, insulated the roofs, wind cheats for the front top half of the hutches and a million-billion length of polythene to do the run roofs. So I now need to it pee down so we can see if we've got any leaks and it all holds together ok and don't pull the aviaries down. I am shattered
    Last edited by SOAD; 09-09-2008 at 07:18 PM.
    Click here to see the bunnies available for homes at Underhill Rabbit Rescue

REW bunnies are home and they're all gorgeous

Poppy, Sparkle, Alana
    Please sponsor my Everest trip for Underhill Rabbit Rescue which will be done in April 2014
    Underhill Rabbit Rescue fundraising for Everest page (click here)

You had fun then!
    Piccies please

Binky free Bridge bunnies Claude,Alfie,Lilac And Miffy and Vinnie,Never forgotten xxx

I saw the new year in on RU x

I did a similar thing today, I re-roofed my lops run and have put the winter tarpaulin in place. It took all day and my back really aches now but I'm really pleased about how it's turned out.

We need pics of yours though, it sounds like a great feat of engineering

It was a nightmare, you're going to be disappointed with the pics, should be more exciting than what it is, the time it took it should of been a masterpiece just took and age to staple all of the sheets on, the pics are just uploading. I feel cheated getting ready for winter is September, but at least now the buns can use their runs in the rain and not sit in their hutches looking miserble and hopefully they will all stay dry, but being as me and Bryn did it probably not
    Last edited by SOAD; 07-09-2008 at 07:40 PM.

Poppy, Sparkle, Alana
    Please sponsor my Everest trip for Underhill Rabbit Rescue which will be done in April 2014

We have been doing that today too.I have put perspex over the top of buns and piggies run.Sides are still open until it gets colder.
    Just looked at the wether forecast and it is going to be very warm on FridayTold OH we may have to remove the perspex.
    I shan,t tell you what he said

I did take more pics, but photobucket didn't upload them all and it's being mega slow, but that might be because Bryn's playing mario cart on the net, it's so much quicker at work.

Here some

You can't really see the clear plastic, we were going to do the sides and bits at the front, but knowing our luck there will be a heat wave tonight and they'll all cook , run roofs are all covered and top half of the hutches.

I wasn't suppose to be taking piccies of the buns, but one of the rescues (Alexsis) was posing so couldn't resist her being cute

Poppy, Sparkle, Alana

Quote Originally Posted by Becca View Post
    We have been doing that today too.I have put perspex over the top of buns and piggies run.Sides are still open until it gets colder.
    Just looked at the wether forecast and it is going to be very warm on FridayTold OH we may have to remove the perspex.
    I shan,t tell you what he said

This is what I was worried about , how much did your perspex cost if you don't mind me asking, I would love something like that, but it cost me 60 just for the sheets.

Poppy, Sparkle, Alana

looks good

Binky free Bridge bunnies Claude,Alfie,Lilac And Miffy and Vinnie,Never forgotten xxx

I saw the new year in on RU x

Thanks, I am a bit worried that the rain will form on the roofs and pull the whole lot down

Poppy, Sparkle, Alana

Mama Doe

Looks great Tree, i love Alexsis shes really sweet