• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Praying for rain - Piccies added UD we have rain UD again it all went wrong

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Mad aint I :lol::lol::lol:

I have covered all my runs today and omg it was a massive job, I am shocked it didn't end in Bryn's and my divorce (well it would of if we were married), we rowed over the right way to do it, threw things around the garden, oh the joy :lol:. We couldn't get round the back of the runs at the bottom as they're too close to the edge, I was tempted to go and asked the hedge cutting neighbour to staple it as he could reach better than us :lol:. The hutches felt damp and although they were not leaking (well one sodding was, that's another story) I think the buns were getting wet in their runs and trampling back through to their bedding. We have spent the day getting them ready for winter, insulated the roofs, wind cheats for the front top half of the hutches and a million-billion length of polythene to do the run roofs. So I now need to it pee down so we can see if we've got any leaks and it all holds together ok and don't pull the aviaries down. I am shattered :(:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
:wave: I did a similar thing today, I re-roofed my lops run and have put the winter tarpaulin in place. It took all day and my back really aches now but I'm really pleased about how it's turned out.

We need pics of yours though, it sounds like a great feat of engineering :D

It was a nightmare, you're going to be disappointed with the pics, should be more exciting than what it is, the time it took it should of been a masterpiece :lol: just took and age to staple all of the sheets on, the pics are just uploading. I feel cheated getting ready for winter is September, but at least now the buns can use their runs in the rain and not sit in their hutches looking miserble and hopefully they will all stay dry, but being as me and Bryn did it probably not :lol:

Last edited:
We have been doing that today too.I have put perspex over the top of buns and piggies run.Sides are still open until it gets colder.
Just looked at the wether forecast and it is going to be very warm on Friday:roll:Told OH we may have to remove the perspex.
I shan,t tell you what he said:oops::lol::lol:

I did take more pics, but photobucket didn't upload them all and it's being mega slow, but that might be because Bryn's playing mario cart on the net, it's so much quicker at work.

Here some

P1000220.jpg

P1000222.jpg

P1000223.jpg

P1000225.jpg

P1000226.jpg

P1000227.jpg

P1000228.jpg

You can't really see the clear plastic, we were going to do the sides and bits at the front, but knowing our luck there will be a heat wave tonight and they'll all cook :lol:, run roofs are all covered and top half of the hutches.

I wasn't suppose to be taking piccies of the buns, but one of the rescues (Alexsis) was posing so couldn't resist her being cute :lol:

P1000224.jpg

We have been doing that today too.I have put perspex over the top of buns and piggies run.Sides are still open until it gets colder.
Just looked at the wether forecast and it is going to be very warm on Friday:roll:Told OH we may have to remove the perspex.
I shan,t tell you what he said:oops::lol::lol:

This is what I was worried about :lol:, how much did your perspex cost if you don't mind me asking, I would love something like that, but it cost me £60 just for the sheets.

Thanks, I am a bit worried that the rain will form on the roofs and pull the whole lot down :oops::lol:

Glad you got it sorted, and also glad I wasn't in the garden when you did it :lol:
The protest was ok but too many people went in. There were 4 of us and people were generally fairly ignorant as ever. Sunday seems the most popular day. At least it wasn't raining for you and me :lol:

See now you are just being posh !!! You could have had a big tenty plastic canope like mine :lol::lol::lol:

Ahhh now you wait till my dear Daddy comes in the week with the gazebos :lol::lol::lol:

Looks great hun - can I hire you to sort out my mess ???? :?:oops:

Glad you got it sorted, and also glad I wasn't in the garden when you did it :lol:
The protest was ok but too many people went in. There were 4 of us and people were generally fairly ignorant as ever. Sunday seems the most popular day. At least it wasn't raining for you and me :lol:

We've not had rain since, I was having the big owrry they were going to be washed around their runs :lol:, I should of come, although I did hear there was going to be rain tomorrow. The runs actually felt warm this morning too, but that might of been in my head :lol:. I wonder why more people go on a Sunday :?

See now you are just being posh !!! You could have had a big tenty plastic canope like mine :lol::lol::lol:

Ahhh now you wait till my dear Daddy comes in the week with the gazebos :lol::lol::lol:

Looks great hun - can I hire you to sort out my mess ???? :?:oops:

:lol::lol::lol:, if you want a hand give me a shout, I can't promise I would be any good, I would have to bring Bryn as he's better than me :oops::lol:

Looks great! How big are your aviaries? That is the sort of thing I want but need one 20' long by 6 ' wide.

The averies are all different sizes, but there is more than what there is in the picture, they range from 8.5 x 9.5, 9.5 x 6.5 and we have some smaller 6.5 x6.5. We got underfloor pollytheme from b&Q, you can get it 20 foot long :thumb:

Back