• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Saying hi and looking for some advice!

senatorvass

Warren Scout
Hello! I am totally new to this whole rabbit thing!! We are going to get a couple soon I am so excited and just doing lots of research into how to look after them! I have 2 cats (9 years old) and I want to know how to introduce the baby bunnies to them! Many thanks. :wave:

Hiya :wave:. I haven't got cats I'm afraid but there are a few on here who have. Try editing your title to include the quetion abit... catty people will see it then :D

Hi! Thanks all for the welcome! Yes Samantha I am the person from MN! I guess you are the one who linked me to this site? :wave: Its great! Just trying to get the hang of it the only message boards I use are MN and this is a different set up!

I did start another thread with cats in the title (good advice!) so I will go check that now!

Hi there and welcome.:wave:

We have a big old rescue cat who is actually terrified of all of our rabbits.

We actually had to move one of our housebuns outside as the cat got so ill with nerves (or so the vet thinks) that she has IBS and has episodes of gastritis. Since we moved him outside with his new wifeybun, she hasn't been ill once.

I think this is pretty exceptional and I am sure that you won't have to worry as most cats get on perfectly with bunnies. Caroline (Cazzap) has a wonderful cat and she is rather taken with the buns.

My friend Nathania also has two cats and they seem to get along very well with the pet bunnies, although I don't think that the wild rabbits who come into her garden are quite such good friends!!!

Hiya:wave:Sorry but cant help you with the bonding question as only have 1pet and that is my beautiful blue butterfly french lop,Barley.Shes a housebun.

Thanks very much for the warm welcome to this forum! I am sure I will be here a lot in the coming months (years!) It will be a while before we get the bunnies - we are thinking at Christmas - before anyone worries I know animals are not "just" for christmas!!!! They will be very loved bunnies. Its just that I cant afford major treats several times a year so I am spreading them out and xmas seems like the right time. In the meantime I am looking for a nice, affordable hutch (checking freecycle and ebay and also pet stores!) and hope to get everything ready to go on the big day! :love:

thank you all for your welcomes! :)

I am trying to get the hang of the boards its a different format from what I am used to but I am so happy I found it (someone on another forum linked for me) and everyone here has been so kind!

Back