• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are they joking? Hutch on Ebay with dreadful advice too U/D 2 July

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
Just doing a search as you do and found this dreadful hutch.

Can't believe the seller wants more than £50 for it (reserve minimum so he/she wants atleast that).

Check out how small it is and also the dreadful suggestion about cleaning out!

Have sent him a very polite and informed message.

Last edited:
Bedding will be good for a good few weeks :shock: :( I wouldnt put 2 bunnies in that!
Well at least she mentions letting the buns out for a good few hours a day.

its not big enough for one, i cnt imagien two in there. forget space to move around...i cant actually see how they would fit

Just doing a search as you do and found this dreadful hutch.

Can't believe the seller wants more than £50 for it (reserve minimum so he/she wants atleast that).

Check out how small it is and also the dreadful suggestion about cleaning out!

Have sent him a very polite and informed message.

Good for you dutchess. I would've found it very difficult to be polite.

Last edited by a moderator:
3.6ft suitable for TWO rabbits?!
Can't believe he kept 2 bunnies in there and didn't clean them out for 2 weeks at a time, they must have stank, poor bunnies.

Guys, you may like to know that the gentleman selling the hutch I was referring to has replied to my message and has also put my comments on his listing for all to see. He states that he will be destroying it.

I think that he's good to show my remarks as it means that anyone contacting him now, will be doing so, knowing that it's not suitable for bunnies and also that cleaning bunnies out every two weeks isn't good enough.

I do hope that it does get destroyed.

Small steps eh?

Helen

Well done you, and well done that man. If he is sincere. It's not often we get ebay 'victories' or people willing to be educated and learn. :D

this is the message he sent me

Many thanks for your response.
I apologise for my mistake.
I am withdrawing listing and the hutch will be destroyed.
I generally find keep animals in captivity repugnant.

:shock: he stuck true to his word, and got rid of the listing :D

Back