• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Glossary - Words, Phrases and Acronyms you might see

WWW - West Wales Willows
lop - A bunny with ears that flop downwards
cecotroph - a squishy poo that looks like a bunch of tiny grapes. Rabbits should eat these to extract more nutrients.
Dewlap - a "double chin" most evident on females. Used as a handy place to pluck fur from when nest building.

Somebody wanna explain scanning? :?

Also is there a name for the head bob thing they do when trying to judge the distance to the floor when jumping down from somewhere?

BTW - By the way
OH - other half
BF - Boyfriend
GF - Girlfriend
FYI - For Your Info
P@H/PAH - Pets at Home

I know there's another one for something like "and another thing" but can't remember the exact words :?

Last edited:

Also is there a name for the head bob thing they do when trying to judge the distance to the floor when jumping down from somewhere?

Moving the head from side to side in order to obtain a clearer picture of it's surroundings. Usually done by REWs

?

That confused me for a bit, i thought you ment scanning as in putting a piece of paper on a machine and scanning it, i did wonder why newbies would want to know that :oops::oops:... but it all makes sense now :lol::lol:

i would say call it a head bob but having read some of the 'bob' threads on here err maybe not :lol:

scanning erm :? commonly seen in pew/rew bunnies where reduced vision cuases them to sway their head side to side to scan their surroundings and to get a better view.....omg i am BAD at explaining things!

A&P - took me ages to suss that

Maybe a list of the other well known brands? eg Excel, SS, Oxbow, also what 'mix' is

A&P - took me ages to suss that

Maybe a list of the other well known brands? eg Excel, SS, Oxbow, also what 'mix' is

Is oxbow just a hay or is it s food mix as well?
Could someone give me a list of different hay types, because alot of people refer to timothy hay etc abbrivated.

And another thing (sorry) i'm having writers block, how would you describe a museli mix and pellets, so a newbit knows the difference.

And another thing (sorry) i'm having writers block, how would you describe a museli mix and pellets, so a newbit knows the difference.

Museli mix - A common, cheap rabbit food containing multicoloured nuts, seeds and dried vegatables. A poor source of nutrition.
Pellets - An all in one food source consisting of small uniform brown pellets. Designed to provide good nutrition. eg SS, A&P?

Back