• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Removing yellow stains on rabbit feet?

I could take off the upper part i suppose~
Just curious, could you show me the litter box
that you're using?

Here is my set up in our house. :)

litter.jpg

I dont have any pictures but I will take some when i get chance. I use an underbed storage box as it has to fit 4 bunnies in it , a potting tray (one without holes) and a kitten litter tray as they poo in 3 different places. But mine live in a shed so space isnt an issue for me. :)

Toffee has yellow feet that comes and goes.. i just thought that was from him jumping up on his haybale :shock:
He's a very clean bunny and cleans himself and is cleaned out regulary, he also has trained himself to only urinate in special areas.

That.......... is quite a big litterbox you have~

Ummm, what's the brown stuff?
I know that the green stuff is hay~

The brown stuff is wood pellets. Its very absorbent and smells of pine. :)

The reason I have 2 large litter boxes is because I have 2 giant rabbits and a cat who all share it. :)

Hello again *Spider* and Siona.
Thank you so much for the insight ^_^

Umm Siona, i really need to know more about that wood pallets thingy.
I've been asking all over Singapore and they dont seem to sell it :(
They sell 'similar' to that, but HARDER though~

Hello again *Spider* and Siona.
Thank you so much for the insight ^_^

Umm Siona, i really need to know more about that wood pallets thingy.
I've been asking all over Singapore and they dont seem to sell it :(
They sell 'similar' to that, but HARDER though~
Its like compressed sawdust. Its hard, but when it gets wet it swells and becomes sawdust again and absorbs the liquid. :)

I also use dried shredded paper.

my rabbit (baby dwarf about 6weeks old) has yellowed feet. and im pretty sure its from his pee. He has only ever walked around on my desk, so its not from dirt.

Hes already potty trained too! since the day i got him. I was pretty amazed. he did a poop on my desk, so i moved it onto some toilet paper and put it on one side of my desk i dont use and since then hes been pooping and peeing on it. everytime. so ive got a plastic tray there with newspaper so it doesnt seep through. and he goes there every time. I was so suprised he learnt so quick. especially at the young age he is.

I find him standing in his pee now and then. So hence why I say his feet are yellow from that. they have also been getting more and more yellow each day. I havent even had him for a week yet. I just wiped his feet down in some warm water and its not as bad. but still there. he was resisting too much to continue.

the yellow feet i believe can come from a few different things, but people shouldnt say, its not from urine. cause in my case it is. I think if you just give them regular cleans to get it out, you can keep it under control. hes very toilet trained, but just stands in it. so his feet wont get cleaner like some people say they will after toilet trained. hes laying in his tray now. hes silly.

Back