• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gigi and Scarlet, my piggies!

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
Thought I'd show you my 2 big pigs, Gigi and Scarlet- sorry they are a bit out of focus, but they won't stand still!

Gigi, the day after she arrived, we think she fell off a lorry, she was found in the road.
GiGi02.jpg

Gigi now-
DSC00031.jpg

Her friend, Scarlet, she was going for meat, but we got her as a friend for Gigi.
DSC00032.jpg

Awwww lovely piggies :love:, I wish I had the room for some, there are 3 brothers Huey Duey and Lewie (sp?) for rehoming in on the SSPCA. They are lovely pot bellies!! :love::love:

OMG:love: I just love pigs, I thought this thread was going to be guinea pigs im so pleased it's porky pigs:love::love::love:
Sallyx

No, they aren't for eating, their for life.:p

Gigi is hyperactive and is very people orientated, probably because she came to us at about 2 weeks old and was hand reared. She is a bit pushy though because of this. Scarlet is very gentle and kind, she was really nervous when she arrived at about 2 months old, but is really tame now, and if you rub her tummy she rolls onto her side.:love:

Some nights, when you go into their pen, you can't see them as they have burrowed under the straw, all you can see is a mound- snoring.:roll:

I'm devastated to let you know that, Gigi, our first pig was PTS this afternoon. She was 2 months short of her 10th birthday.
We are both heartbroken.

Back