• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Help, Bunny's been admitted u/d on page 2

Bunnytod

Mama Doe
Got home from work late last night my sis had the bunny's in the front room, Straight away i noticed Honey didnt look herself. Her belly felt really hard and swollen and she didnt really want to move. I but them to bed and checked on them a couple of times. This morning all the food pot still had some in which was very strange as its all gone, i booked honey in this morning and have been to the vets, the vet said she was not sure what was wrong but was not happy with her belly so the have kept her in. I now have a rabbit who is very upset sat on his own as he has never spent a day without another rabbit, Dont know wheather to keep him with me or put him in his hutch.

Last edited:
awwww poor little thing, mabe a good ida to keep him with you, if he gets comfort from you, and it may distract him a little.

I have been sat with him in the run he does not want me in there he is just moping, He has nibbled me a couple of times and keeps pushing me away:cry:. I have left him on his own for a bit in his run but he is just sat in the corner. My poor ikle man misses his bunny:(

Just been called by the vet, They are syringe feeding her and she has eaten a tiny bit of hay and passed a couple of poo's, There still not happy and want to keep her in overnight. Harley is lost without her, He just wont move from the spot i put him down in he looks lost:( its heartbreaking looking at him:(

Sending loads of vibes. Hope Honey starts eating and pooing properly soon.

Can you give Harley a cuddly toy to cuddle up to?

No just put one next to him and he threw it. Have just been up to Asda to get some fresh carrot and grapes for him so he is eating them now which is a good sign.

I hope it's going to be OK, I'm quite new on here and your buns are one of my faves x

Awww thank you.

Night nurse called me with a update, Honey is eating a small amount of greens:D So looking better. Not her normal self though she normally would be eating it while they were trying to put it down lol:D.
Hopefully if she poo's more i can have her home tomorrow. Cant wait Harley is deffo missing her poor little guy first night on his own ever:(

hi babes
it must be horrible for you and harley not to have honey for company.....

does he have a blankie he snuggles into that he shares with honey? if he does have you thought about putting a warm wheat bag in there so he has something to snuggle to?:roll:

really hope honey gets to come home tomorrow

sending positive pooping vibes and get well tummy rubs xx

Thank you, No he does not like soft things. He is happy just lying in Honey's spot, I just keep wondering how Honey is feeling without us. I have gave him a night light though lol

Back