• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello!

twinks22

Warren Scout
Hi , I'm a breeder and i know you don't agree with breeders but thats exactly why i'm here to show you we're not all bad. We do not breed back to back we're very caring rabbit owners and our rabbits health and cuddles and fuss come first our rabbits are pets not breeding machines . We have people come to us saying they wanted to by a rescue bunny and it was just to expensive and they couldn't afford it . Everone says what good condition and how happy our rabbits look they go out in the run everyday and we love them to bits. hope your bunnys are well , Twinks:wave:

Hello :wave:

There's no need to explain yourself, everyone is welcome here and we have several breeders on board - we can all learn things from each other :D

Welcome to RU

Thea :)

Thanks guys i was a bit worried about what reaction i might get but its nice to be excepted here's a little bit more about me . Well my mum has owned and bred rabbits for 16 years now and rabbits have always been in my life as i got older i was allowed to get involved picking up the babies and helping out with matings and helping the mum bring up her babies i have unfortunetly lost a couple of my most loved girls to breeding in the years but now i have a lovely lionhead girl and a gorgeous BEW boy who have had beautiful litters together but i don't think i'm going to breed from her again. I hope to learn a lot about bonding rabbits and rescueing on here , we have rescued rabbits in the past and our experience and wide knowledge of illnesses and rabbits has certaintly helped . In my experience vets can be useless when it comes to rabbits there knowledge of them is zero we have diagnosed illnesses that the vets couldn't and saved rabbits in the process hopefully the rabbit community can help widen vets knowledges on these sensitive animals , it would also be great to find out a bit more about spading and neutering rabbits as i would like to get my girl and boy done but i'm worried there personalitys will change and i'm scared off losing them my boy is 2 years old and my girl is 1 years old and i love them so much could you help me to make my decision?

Hiya:wave::wave::wave::wave: The forum is for rabbit breeders, rabbit rescues, rabbit keepers and anyone else too;):D
Welcome to Rabbits United:D:D:D

Hello and welcome. I know all breeders are not bad. I got Honey from a very good and knowledgable breeder who would not let me have the bunny without asking me lots of questions. They gave me a care sheet and food. :wave:

In my experience vets can be useless when it comes to rabbits there knowledge of them is zero we have diagnosed illnesses
My rabbit savvy vet would find this very patronising and quite frankly, erronous.

to find out a bit more about spading and neutering rabbits as i would like to get my girl and boy done but i'm worried there personalitys will change and i'm scared off losing them my boy is 2 years old and my girl is 1 years old and i love them so much could you help me to make my decision?
I'm concerned that a breeder doesn't understand basics such as spaying (rather than spading)/ neutering and the affects of this on the bunnies personality/behaviour.

As for dealing with people who find rescues too expensive, is it worth you considering that people who are not willing to pay the adoption fee for a vaccinated and neutered/spayed rabbit are not willing to pay for unforeseen or annual costs by purchasing from yourself.

I'm totally confused as in another topic you have categorically stated that you are against bonding rabbits. Can I ask why in this intro, you are considering bonding 2 of your rabbits when you are so against this.

I sincerely hope that the rabbits you have rescued have not been used for breeding purposes. As you have stated you are not a bad breeder, you will be fully aware of the consequences of breeding rabbits that you do not know the genetic history of.
regards

number one - we have given brothers and sisters to new owners who've had them neutered and spayed and they live happily together.

number two - as i have stated i don't think bonding rabbits is a good idea thats why if i did have my girl spayed and boy neutered they wouldn't live together.

number three - the vets we know one rescue goes to were useless when it came to a rabbit that was clearly in pain but that is not to say all vets are useless.

number four - of course we wouldn't use rescue buns for breeding we're not that stupid we breed for showing purposes.

most of the rabbits we have rescued are from inexperienced owners who don't know what there doing or show breeders who have rejected the rabbit cause there not the right colour or type . Your completely getting the wrong end of the stick not everybody is going to agree with your methods with rabbits , i did not come onto this forum for an argument or to create hot air i am just so fedup of being catergorised as bad because i breed and having lectures of many rescues for breeding and being labeled as the problem as to why rabbits are in rescues , i've had enough of it i care about my rabbits just as much as anybody who rescues does and it deeply hurts me and upsets me when i get accused as using my rabbits as breeding machines and not caring about them.:cry:

My rabbit savvy vet would find this very patronising and quite frankly, erronous.

I'm concerned that a breeder doesn't understand basics such as spaying (rather than spading)/ neutering and the affects of this on the bunnies personality/behaviour.

As for dealing with people who find rescues too expensive, is it worth you considering that people who are not willing to pay the adoption fee for a vaccinated and neutered/spayed rabbit are not willing to pay for unforeseen or annual costs by purchasing from yourself.

I'm totally confused as in another topic you have categorically stated that you are against bonding rabbits. Can I ask why in this intro, you are considering bonding 2 of your rabbits when you are so against this.

I sincerely hope that the rabbits you have rescued have not been used for breeding purposes. As you have stated you are not a bad breeder, you will be fully aware of the consequences of breeding rabbits that you do not know the genetic history of.
regards

I was just thinking the same thing :roll:

If you would like to come onto the forum and represent breeders in a positive manner then may I suggest that you rethink the way that you put forward your views because so far I believe you've made a bad impression.

Last edited:
Hiya Twinks! :wave:

I'd love to see some of your bunnies! I care more about whether they're cared for well than whether they're adopted or not.

I just love bunnies ! :D

x

Hiya,

I've recently figured out how to post pics recently too.. Go to someplace like Photobucket on the web and register (it's all free). Upload some photos, then once that's done click on the "IMG Code" under the display pic and paste it in a new post on here.

If you get lost just PM me! :)

x x

Back