• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit fur on ebay?

aahh so i see.
yes, i can definatley see your point. it may be unnessacery to contact the sellers, but its just awarness to them, telling them what their doing is wrong;
in that persons viewpoint.

In my research, around 90% of Fur sold on ebay is either seconded hand or is being sold through a middleman. Neither have a direct connection or direct assistance to the killings of these animals. So by contacting them your not gonna get very far in saving these animals, go directly to the farms and the industry who are produces the skins and pallets.

What has been done, has been done to the animals on eBay, you can’t change it, their dead. At least the furs on eBay are being almost ‘recycled’, they are getting a new release of life once with their new owner. Think of if like going to a rescue to adopted a rabbit. By buying a seconded hand fur coat you are helping an vintage fur, thus meaning you wont be buying a new fur which would require another death of an animal. So you are also saving more animals lives by use vintage fur. If we all bought vintage fur ONLY, the market for more deaths of animals would stop at once. Make sence??

but me being anti-fur, i just cannot accpet one who belives in wearing it.
i know i really should, but this is a subject which has really stuck to my believes and i dont think ill ever change :D

I am Pro-Fur, but not your average Pro-Fur designer. I went out there and have done my research for myself first hand, formulating my own opinions and standards to go by. I can accept you not agreeing with me that’s fine, but don’t accept anyone saying I don’t know where my fur is coming from, saying he dosen’t know what he’s talking about and finally when they dosen’t respects my decision.

I hate fur, to me its one of the worst sectors of animal cruelty on the earth.

I respect that.

I don't respect anyone who chooses to wear it, because I can't and well it's tough if I should.

Are you trying to say:

‘I don’t respect anyone who chooses to wear fur. Because I just cant accept it and well it’s tough that I don’t respect/accept anyone who where’s fur’

Just trying to understand your view.

M
xx

In my research, around 90% of Fur sold on ebay is either seconded hand or is being sold through a middleman. Neither have a direct connection or direct assistance to the killings of these animals. So by contacting them your not gonna get very far in saving these animals, go directly to the farms and the industry who are produces the skins and pallets.

What has been done, has been done to the animals on eBay, you can’t change it, their dead. At least the furs on eBay are being almost ‘recycled’, they are getting a new release of life once with their new owner. Think of if like going to a rescue to adopted a rabbit. By buying a seconded hand fur coat you are helping an vintage fur, thus meaning you wont be buying a new fur which would require another death of an animal. So you are also saving more animals lives by use vintage fur. If we all bought vintage fur ONLY, the market for more deaths of animals would stop at once. Make sence??

No I'm afraid it does not make sense AT ALL. Firstly, the source of vintage fur is of course finite, and whether buying new or vintage it still perpetuates the idea that fur is acceptable- the person admiring your fur as you walk down the street does not know where it has come from, so your ethics don't stand up.

To be honest I am appalled and disgusted that anyone would call themselves 'pro fur'. I am enraged actually :censored: I've not been so angry for a long time.

I don't care whether you've written a dissertation about it, you clearly no nothing. I campaign against this in my job and can tell you that if you'd seen the things I have seen then you would not hold that view.

I will never respect someone who supports the suffering of animals for vanity, it sickens me.

Last edited:
Think of if like going to a rescue to adopted a rabbit.

What kind of messed up logic is that :evil:, how dare you compare buying a dead animal skin to adopting a rabbit from a rescue! People who support any part of the fur trade make me :evil:.

you clearly no nothing.

This is an untrue statement, as you don’t know me, what my research is based on or my work.

I don’t expect anyone to have the same view point as me nor would I every enforce it on anyone or judge anyone on thier views

M
xx

im sorry mit, but i completley agree with Mandy and Soad

it does not matter at all that its vintage or not! the animals dead, and was killed to begin with. that does NOT make it right at all.
im sorry, but soad is right, you cannot compare it to resucing a rabbit. rescuing a rabbit is saving a life, maybe giving a good home. buying a fut jacket, vintage or not, is supporting the right to say its ok to kill animals for no apparent reason; just to look good.

i cannot respect your opinion at all in any circumstance that may be given.

you may or may have had rabbits or guinea pigs, (which is obviosuly why your on this forum), but can you say honestly say to me that you can wear them?

This is an untrue statement, as you don’t know me, what my research is based on or my work.

I don’t expect anyone to have the same view point as me nor would I every enforce it on anyone.

M
xx

Back up your arguement then. Give me some reasons why you are 'Pro fur'.
:?:

I don't need to know you or your research to know that you are completely wrong in this, because I know I am in the right.

I don't expect people to hold the same viewpoints as me either, but I will never respect someone who holds an ignorant view such as yours.

That doesn't stack up at all. How could buying more fur decrease the amount suppliers put on the market?:?:?:?:?

That doesn't stack up at all. How could buying more fur decrease the amount suppliers put on the market?:?:?:?:?

i think they are saying that supoorting secondhand fur is ok
which i really cannot see as being a justified reason.
the animal was killed in the first place, so it is DEAD

it dosnt matter if it happened 50 years ago or today, what matters is that an animal had to endure a sick cruel death for someones choice to parade in it.

fur only looks good on one thing, thats the animal that it belongs to!!!!!

rabbit fur on ebay

Wearing "second hand" fur is still fur:evil:

Mit i can tale on board your augument that vintage fur is alright but many animals have had horrendous lives and even worse deaths to make that coat whether it new or donkey,s years old:cry:
I suggest you watch IFAW,s video clip of a raccoon dog being skinned ALIVE as i have done and still see if you are PRO FUR:evil:
I will never forget that poor dog or the horrific way that it finally died :cry:it,s final few seconds of life spent being jeered at by his murderers:cry:this was after they had chopped off his feet (to make it easier to pull his fur off) hung him upside down on a hook and ripped off his fur:cry:he was fully concious throughout this:cry:his poor pathetic naked body was then chucked on a pile of earleir victim,s:cry:he still was NOT dead and was trying to get away:cry:
This is just one incident:shock: this is happening every day many,many times and it,s cruelty beyond belief and it MUST be stopped:evil:
So MIT pklease take a look at this video clip and then see if you still think that FUr is O.K.

OMG!! I didn't know they were aloud to sell that stuff on e-bay!! I hate e-bay now. I don't think there is a purpose to do that stuff I mean c'mon people like me (i'm a Veg.) don't want to see that when they look up 'toy rabbit' or something I think people should do somthin about it :evil::cry:

Wearing "second hand" fur is still fur:evil:

Mit i can tale on board your augument that vintage fur is alright but many animals have had horrendous lives and even worse deaths to make that coat whether it new or donkey,s years old:cry:
I suggest you watch IFAW,s video clip of a raccoon dog being skinned ALIVE as i have done and still see if you are PRO FUR:evil:
I will never forget that poor dog or the horrific way that it finally died :cry:it,s final few seconds of life spent being jeered at by his murderers:cry:this was after they had chopped off his feet (to make it easier to pull his fur off) hung him upside down on a hook and ripped off his fur:cry:he was fully concious throughout this:cry:his poor pathetic naked body was then chucked on a pile of earleir victim,s:cry:he still was NOT dead and was trying to get away:cry:
This is just one incident:shock: this is happening every day many,many times and it,s cruelty beyond belief and it MUST be stopped:evil:
So MIT pklease take a look at this video clip and then see if you still think that FUr is O.K.

i really wish you didnt go into detial.....
i saw that video, and now its just bought it back.
its not that i wanted to forget it, but it makes me cry if i see it or think of it
:cry::cry::cry::cry:

rabbit fur on ebay.

Sorry if it upset you (it does me too) BUt this happened as you have seen for yourself:cry:
I will never forget that dog :cry:and i remember it every time i see a FUR coat or fur item being worn:cry:but then that is why the clip was made so that Joe Public will know what happens on fur farms and can then make a positive decision about the fur trade:cry:
it took be several years to stop crying every time i thought about it now it just makes me want to do all i can to stop the selling of FUR:evil:which is why i often spend time on Ebay mailing sellers and asking them to think about what they are doing:cry:
It,s not much but if i can get even one seller to stop then i will be happy:)
What is really sick is that selling fur can be considered to be O.K.:evil:

Sorry if it upset you (it does me too) BUt this happened as you have seen for yourself:cry:
I will never forget that dog :cry:and i remember it every time i see a FUR coat or fur item being worn:cry:but then that is why the clip was made so that Joe Public will know what happens on fur farms and can then make a positive decision about the fur trade:cry:
it took be several years to stop crying every time i thought about it now it just makes me want to do all i can to stop the selling of FUR:evil:which is why i often spend time on Ebay mailing sellers and asking them to think about what they are doing:cry:
It,s not much but if i can get even one seller to stop then i will be happy:)
What is really sick is that selling fur can be considered to be O.K.:evil:

totally agree with you
i think that fur farming is so hidden in modern society, people are just so naive and over-look it. its just something that people dont understand, and they probably think all these animals are running happily in forests!!! :evil:

i sent a letter to the queen via Peta about her guards using fur on their hats, but i never got a reply :(.
i think fur should be abolished throughout the whole of europe for a start.
i know its going to be unlikely, but it makes me so angry that the farmers think its kind and ethical to skin an animal ALIVE :censored::censored::censored::censored:
lets make a nice human leather skin jacket out of them! one size only and thats Evil :censored::censored::censored:

rabbit fur on ebay.

Totally agree with you:)the trouble is the fur trade has gone underground (so to speak) even the sellers on Ebay always say that descretion is assured for prospective buyers:evil:which means that they obviously know that it,s wrong and cruel but still want to profit from animals misery:cry::evil:
I Hate fur with a vengence and will never stop trying to get it banned:evil:
I agree that that IFAW clip is brutal but at least i am aware of what is happening :cry:I used to wake up in the night sobbing for that poor dog:cry:i was sure i was suffering from post traumatic stress:shock:it really is horrendous but it,s happening and it must be stopped:cry:
If only the stupid:?silly vain people who wear it would watch that film then maybe they wouldn,t be so keen to buy the wretched coats in the first place:evil:
If i got my way i would force anyone considering wearing fur to watch it and hopefully they would be ashamed of themselves:evil:
\they even have a method of mixing real fur with fake and labelling it as fake to fool consumers into buying it:evil:how sneaky is that:shock::evil:

i was the same
it really does give you nightmares. i couldnt get that dogs face out of my head. it really is the most upsetting thing i ever saw. :cry:
people i know dont understand either. they think that im crazy and a hippy going around telling people what i truly believe in. i really do think that a programe should be made on this, and aired on tv to show people what its really like :evil:

and i didnt know people lied about fake fur :shock:
i bought a fake fur hat (100% acrylic), and it really does feel and look like real fur. its so decieving, and people still choose to wear the real thing.
i always make sure that its not real just in case, by digging into the fur and checking wether or not i can see any leather. :)

to be honest there's little difference between fur, leather and meat. Except that fur looks like the animal it came from. And the fact that it's become a lot less fashionable to wear fur.

You can buy leather shoes on ebay so why not fur? I just think the effort you put into targetting sellers on ebay might be better directed elsewhere.

to be honest there's little difference between fur, leather and meat. Except that fur looks like the animal it came from. And the fact that it's become a lot less fashionable to wear fur.

There is a world of difference.

Fur is purely for vanity- animals are killed so people can have a unnecessary fur collar on their coat.
Leather is a by product of the meat industry.

There are many other issues, like the fact animals reared for their fur such as fox and mink are still wild, so they suffer greatly being near humans and kept in wire cages with no stimulation.

Animals reared for meat such as cows are domesticated.

Shame you didn't see the Channel 4 documentary a couple of weeks ago, you wouldn't hold this view if you had.

For more information on the true facts of the fur trade, see:
www.respectforanimals.org

Back