• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit fur on ebay?

Sadly I don't think there is anything that says they can't be sold on ebay. It's only the real thing that they don't allow.

You can buy full fur coats and rabbit trimmed cardigans etc etc on ebay. Very sad but true.

its illegal to skin an animal for its fur in this country (i think)

but not illegal to import it from other countires :censored::censored::censored::censored:

I have seen this before. Unfortunately I don't think there is anything that can be done about it.:(

No it's not illegal.

Unnecessary, but not illegal.

Best you can do is refuse to buy it and hope others will follow suite.

We had to use fur to make coats and stuff in times gone by, so I'd usually be okay with it, but we have alternatives that are just as good if not better...makes you wonder why people actually bother with real fur...

Profit I suppose.

No it's not illegal.

noooooo thats wrong. it is illegal, but im sure there are farms still in this country carrying on producing fur.

source from www.caft.org.uk
Due to campaigns by anti-fur groups including CAFT-UK the farming of animals 'solely or primarily for their fur' was banned in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland from 1st January 2003.

its sick. it really is sick. im 100% against fur and leather.

its illegal to skin an animal for its fur in this country (i think)

but not illegal to import it from other countries :censored::censored::censored::censored:

Some people eat rabbit, so I guess rabbit fur in this country can be a product from the meat industry, just like leather shoes, sheepskin rugs etc.

rabbit fur on ebay

I mail the sellers directly and ask them not to sell real fur:evil:
I am surprised that i havn't been banned yet:?:oops::rolleyes:often spend a few hours sending "polite":rolleyes:mails to FUR sellers and so far only one has replied and she admitted that she was only selling a fur coat as she wanted rid of it:cry:

I mail the sellers directly and ask them not to sell real fur:evil:
I am surprised that i havn't been banned yet:?:oops::rolleyes:often spend a few hours sending "polite":rolleyes:mails to FUR sellers and so far only one has replied and she admitted that she was only selling a fur coat as she wanted rid of it:cry:

I'm sorry but i dont understand why you are sooo "surprised". Its not illegal to buy or sell fur skins and fur products in the UK, so why should if we banned on eBay??

m
xx

I'm sorry but i dont understand why you are sooo "surprised". Its not illegal to buy or sell fur skins and fur products in the UK, so why should if we banned on eBay??

m
xx

shes saying shes not suprised shes not banned.
but i dont quite understand what you have written there:?::?:

it may not be illegal, but its ethically wrong how they are produced, treated, skinned etc etc :censored:

the fur trade is appauling, and something really needs doing about it. some animals are skinned ALIVE, yes ALIVE.
theyre in TINY little 'battery' cages, never get roam around.

the chinchilla farming is disgusting. theyre kept in cages so small they cant turn around, (to save space) and when they are killed, theyre backs are broken to skin them!

im sorry if ive gone off on a tangent, but i feel so strongly about fur farms. they make me feel sick to the bone and i get so upset just thinking about it :(

shes saying shes not suprised shes not banned.
but i dont quite understand what you have written there:?::?:

it may not be illegal, but its ethically wrong how they are produced, treated, skinned etc etc :censored:

the fur trade is appauling, and something really needs doing about it. some animals are skinned ALIVE, yes ALIVE.
theyre in TINY little 'battery' cages, never get roam around.

the chinchilla farming is disgusting. theyre kept in cages so small they cant turn around, (to save space) and when they are killed, theyre backs are broken to skin them!

im sorry if ive gone off on a tangent, but i feel so strongly about fur farms. they make me feel sick to the bone and i get so upset just thinking about it :(

Im sorry, i miss read Rabshan. Read it as Rabshan was superised that selling fur is not banned on eBay. Sorry.

Again sorry for my wrighting too, my dyslexia was on wack then. What i was trying to say was, it's not illegal to buy or sell fur skins and fur product in the uk, so why should they be banned on eBay.

I have done a LOT of research on the subject of fur over the last couple of years. Wrote a 6,000 word Dissertation on it for my BA and a 10,000 word one for my MA, which i just handed in a couple of months back.

I know what my views are on the subject, but dont feel i should ever enforce them on another being with strong feelings on the subject, anti or pro fur. But i do question thier views, reasoning and how they came to make thier options on the subject. This is so i can gain a better understand for myself and for them to question how solid thier reasonings are.

I dont mind if anyone is Anti-Fur or Pro-Fur as long as they have solid leg to stand on when questioned on thier views.

m
xx

Im sorry, i miss read Rabshan. Read it as Rabshan was superised that selling fur is not banned on eBay. Sorry.

Again sorry for my wrighting too, my dyslexia was on wack then. What i was trying to say was, it's not illegal to buy or sell fur skins and fur product in the uk, so why should they be banned on eBay.

I have done a LOT of research on the subject of fur over the last couple of years. Wrote a 6,000 word Dissertation on it for my BA and a 10,000 word one for my MA, which i just handed in a couple of months back.

I know what my views are on the subject, but dont feel i should ever enforce them on another being with strong feelings on the subject, anti or pro fur. But i do question thier views, reasoning and how they came to make thier options on the subject. This is so i can gain a better understand for myself and for them to question how solid thier reasonings are.

I dont mind if anyone is Anti-Fur or Pro-Fur as long as they have solid leg to stand on when questioned on thier views.

m
xx

aahh so i see.
yes, i can definatley see your point. it may be unnessacery to contact the sellers, but its just awarness to them, telling them what their doing is wrong;
in that persons viewpoint.

but me being anti-fur, i just cannot accpet one who belives in wearing it.
i know i really should, but this is a subject which has really stuck to my believes and i dont think ill ever change :D

PS - im sorry if i came out as being rude or attacking you. :oops::oops::oops:

I hate fur, to me its one of the worst sectors of animal cruelty on the earth. I don't respect anyone who chooses to wear it, because I can't and well it's tough if I should.

Back