• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice on this rabbit kingdom

Hi there.

Sorry but I don't like it. It's a great idea having something that interesting but the actual sizes aren't good. All of the runs and hutches only appear to be 48cm tall which is only 21 inches tall. The absolute minimum I would go for for height for small to medium sized breeds would be no less than 24 inches. I would also like to see a minimum hutch size of no less than 5ft (but even better 6ft) so that the bunnies have got good indoor space for bad weather etc.

Having said that, if this was to be put on hard standing and you could put a roof on top of the run for all weathers and are able to make it secure for 24 hour use, then it's quite a lot better than some hutches I have seen being sold.

Personally, I would go for a small shed or wendy house if you can. I have just bought another wendy house (5x5x4) on ebay in great condition for £30.70! By the time I have finished it will have a shelf inside to give extra space and an attached 8ft run. It should work out quite a good bargain.

Here's one I prepared earlier (same type of wendy house as the one I have just bought but an earlier attempt with a slightly smaller run).

IMG_1211.jpg

Helen :D

I wasn't sure of the measurements and thought they looked small on the larger pictures,i don't want to go less than 5ft so I think I'll keep looking.

I love yours it looks fab. I have looked at wendy houses and would love to do that but I only have a citreon saxo so couldn't pick them up.:(

Thanks for taking a look at it for me.

Hi there.

Sorry but I don't like it. It's a great idea having something that interesting but the actual sizes aren't good. All of the runs and hutches only appear to be 48cm tall which is only 21 inches tall. The absolute minimum I would go for for height for small to medium sized breeds would be no less than 24 inches. I would also like to see a minimum hutch size of no less than 5ft (but even better 6ft) so that the bunnies have got good indoor space for bad weather etc.

Having said that, if this was to be put on hard standing and you could put a roof on top of the run for all weathers and are able to make it secure for 24 hour use, then it's quite a lot better than some hutches I have seen being sold.

Personally, I would go for a small shed or wendy house if you can. I have just bought another wendy house (5x5x4) on ebay in great condition for £30.70! By the time I have finished it will have a shelf inside to give extra space and an attached 8ft run. It should work out quite a good bargain.

Here's one I prepared earlier (same type of wendy house as the one I have just bought but an earlier attempt with a slightly smaller run).

IMG_1211.jpg

Wow i love the picture! It is so cute:D I ve been looking for wendyhouses near me but i can not find any close enough =/

I wasn't sure of the measurements and thought they looked small on the larger pictures,i don't want to go less than 5ft so I think I'll keep looking.

I love yours it looks fab. I have looked at wendy houses and would love to do that but I only have a citreon saxo so couldn't pick them up.:(

Thanks for taking a look at it for me.

Hey no worries. Sorry I don't live closer or I could have helped transport for you.

I think that the idea or hutch separates is great and if only someone would make kits where you could choose the bits you want and they all slot together and come flat packed! That way, everybody could get a hutch of a decent size. As the rabbit kingdom comes flat packed, I really don't understand why the manufacturer doesn't make the parts bigger so that everybody would buy them.

Good luck with your search.

Helen

Wow i love the picture! It is so cute:D I ve been looking for wendyhouses near me but i can not find any close enough =/

I think it takes a bit of perseverance and a lot of luck! Ask jackiestone - she ended up getting one for free after failing to win one on ebay for ages. I bid on quite a few before I got this one and I think it was meant to be as no-one bid against me and I got it with my maiden bid, plus it was only just 15 minutes up the road.

Keep looking and I am sure you'll get one.

Helen:D

It looks fun and warren like but because there isn't really any big areas I don't think it would be as practical for exercise as some other options. You'd have trouble finding the bunnies too sometimes and they probably would only use one of the hutches and the others would be wasted space.

If you are looking around the £130 mark I'd tend to look at large runs (or aviary panels to build one), you could probably get something in the order of 6'x8' and have enough left over for a second hand hutch.

I suppose if I get one for the right price I could look into hiring a van, i just had a look at our local van hire and it ranges from £30-£40 per day for a transit.

i think i got that run for alvin when he was a baby and he hated it... its not high enough.. if i put pearl in it she would have to crouch :shock::shock:

its now broken up in the yard sealing any gaps that they could use to escape... just very glad i didnt get the hutch parts too :D

Thanks everyone for the advice I'm not going to buy it now as I like my hutches to be big, I maybe would have accepted 5ft but defo no less than that.

Thanks again everyone.

Hi there.

IMG_1211.jpg

New hear, hello and love the wendy house ..

Back