Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: In Remembrance: Su (Cannonwoman)

Default In Remembrance: Su (Cannonwoman)

Dear Forum Members

It is with sadness that we are writing to let you know that today (Monday 12th May) is the date of Su's funeral. Many of you may know Su better as Cannonwoman, a familiar face around the forum.

Su had a warm and loving personality, which touched everyone who knew her and made her a well loved and much respected member of the RU community. She brought fun, laughter and a shared love of rabbits to the forum and will be sadly missed by all.

We would like you to join us in remembering Su today. Please share your memories below and take a few moments today at 11.30am (UK Time) to think of Su, her family and friends.

The Forum Team
    Tamsin, Adele, Soad, Laura, Mandy, Leanne and Jeremy

On behalf of our members.

For reference: the original announcement and information regarding the collection.

Dear Su

I cannot believe I am posting on a thread to mark the day of your Funeral. I still find it so hard to accept that you have gone. I know that if you could have done anything to rid yourself of the illness that took your life you would have done it. Your love for Mark was always so evident, as was your love for all your animals.

You and I had so much in common and I knew that when I told you things you would ‘understand’ in a way most folk are unable to do. We also shared the same rather dry sense of humour!! Laughing at inappropriate times was something we both had to work hard to try not to do !!

I miss you so much Su and I hope that where-ever you are now you are at peace and free of the pain that blighted your life for so long. I know that you will be happy to see your wishes carried out with regards to the future care of your animals. It was always so important to you that the needs of your animals came first.

Thank you for being my friend Su. For all the phone calls, the notes, cards and gifts and for just ‘being there’. You always seemed to know when ‘things’ were tricky for me and would reach out when most people would turn away. If only everyone had your compassion Su. I know that your giving, caring nature meant that at times people took advantage and hurt you a lot. But that is just how you were, always willing to lend a hand, especially if it involved helping animals.

The photos in the Mosaic I have made all tell a story. The photo of you cuddling some of your Bunnies, they all meant so much to you. The photo of Alysia, a Bun I tried to help. You were so very supportive of me during the dreadful events surrounding that Bunny. The Rainbow you sent after you died and the photo of Maggie, my Bunny whom you particularly loved. You will see her again now along with all your animals who passed away before you.

I will always miss you Su, the world has lost a truly good person

With much love

Your Friend Jane xxx

"Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A ‘farewell’ is before you can meet again. And meeting again after a moment or a lifetime is certain for those who are friends."
    - Richard Bach
    Last edited by Jack's-Jane; 12-05-2008 at 07:17 AM. Reason: spelling

Su, I still can't believe that you have gone, I keep expecting the phone to ring and you to be there saying "Hi it's only me", I miss you so much, you are a lovely friendly, caring and compassionate person and the world is a much sadder place without you.

Please look after all the furries at the bridge for us

Thank you for being such a good friend, love and miss you very much Su xxx

NEW friendly Rabbit Forum for over 16's

http://rabbitrendezvous.co.uk/

Thank you for being our 'Mummy Su' we will love you forever

All our Love

Your Bunnies- Speckle and Kahlo, George and Minky, Little Ted and Muffin, Tia and Pandora, Mulberry, Precious, Little Bob, Lord Dooley, Barney, Mork and Jet xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Your Piggies- Emmie Lou, Ponch, Carrie, Mr Sheen, Pledge, Arthur, Hermon and Joe xxxxxxxx

They are not dead,
    Who leave us this great heritage of remembering joy.

They still live in our hearts,
    In the happiness we knew, in the dreams we shared.

They still breathe,
    In the lingering fragrance,windblown, from their favourite flowers.

They still smile in the moonlight’s silver,
    And laugh in the sunlight’s sparking gold.

They still speak in the echoes of the words we’ve heard them say again and again.

They still move,
    In the rhythm of waving grasses, in the dance of the tossing branches.

They are not dead;
    Their memory is warm in our hearts, comfort in our sorrow.

They are not apart from us, but part of us,

For love is eternal,
    And those we love shall be with us throughout all eternity.

Anon

R.I.P Su.

i will take a few quiet moments at work to pay my respects to a lovely woman who should never have been taken so early

Donna xxxx

Alvin my precious angel is no longer living with me *sad face*
    RIP Hollywillaboobie love you forever... Alvin is ruling his own little kingdom at Hopper Haven http://www.hopperhaven.org.uk a bunny paradise

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT PLEDGE A POUND - Visit the Pledge a Pound Website and Forum http://pledgeapound.net/about.php

Ditto. People like Su who spent time and money to take care of these rehome bunnies should be rewarded with a long healthy life. Su definitely passed away before her time.

Rest In Peace Su
    "The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Gandhi

I hope that you will be pain free now Su and that god will look after you in heaven.You were a special person that touched so many lives.I am thinking of Mark and your familly at this hard time.

Mama Doe

I'll be thinking of Su today and all her family and friends.

I'll be thinking of you today Su and all your family and friends xxx
    Sarah x

Thanks for my siggy Beth!

Rest in peace Su. I'll be taking a few quiet moments today to think of you and the people and animals you loved xx