Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teddy - Our Beautiful Baby Boy

Default Teddy - Our Beautiful Baby Boy

Dear Teddy

I canít believe that Iím writing this. I canít believe that I will never stroke your head or brush your furry bum ever again.

I donít know what happened. It was so quick. Iím in shock, I think. I donít know what to do with myself, so I will tell you the story of You.

Daddy saw an advert online, someone wanted to give away a bunny. I said we werenít going to have more bunnies, and I meant it.

But we went.

You lived in a big house with six adults and a cat. The girl who brought you there left you there when she moved out. I saw the small cage you had, with dry baguette and lettuce. No hay, no soft blankets... The girl who placed the advert called you ďBobĒ. She said it meant ďpooĒ in her language. She said you were vaccinated but not neutered, and that you were around 18 months old.

I picked you up and didnít want to put you back down. You came home with us that night, and we decided to call you Ted instead. I told you that Iím your mummy now - you neednít go back there.

I think you knew we loved you as soon as we me you, you were such a funny, cheeky boy. We didnít need to put you in a pen, you were inquisitive and just became a house bun from the off.

You had your breakfast with me, waited for me to come home before having your dinner, sat with me as I did my make up in the morning, and spent evening snuggling with Daddy on the floor - those were the best times. I know you think so too.

You gave us so much love, and you wanted to give little Cookie love too. She fell sick and left us, and we found Pepper got you instead. You never really took to her (too naughty!) and she fell for Bertie instead. That was ok, youíd spend your days snoozing outside the grid to their room where you could still see them, and try to give an occasional nip if they were out of order (like Bertie peeing in your direction). At night, youíd hop into the bedroom and settle down. We could hear you hop about in the dark.

You were so happy when we brought Lola home, such a pretty girl! Sheíd been left by the roadside and somehow you knew to be gentle with her. Sheís so skittish, but itís been wonderful to see you teach her that time spent snuggling on a rug is time well spent... My heart knew we did the right thing when you started choosing b to eat your breakfast and dinner with her, rather than with me. You found love of the furry kind.

Last night, you didnít want your treat - that worried us. We thought you had tummy ache because we, your humans, have been stressed and anxious and thought that maybe you could feel it; youíve shown yourself to have such sympathy and empathy on so many occasions. We gave you some gripe water. You like the taste and never really mind having a little syringe of the sweet stuff...

This morning, you didnít want your breakfast and that made me worry. I went to the shop to get your favourite greens, but you werenít interested. A while later I heard an odd, draggy noise and went to check on you. I picked you up and saw you had blood on your paw. This shook me and I got some hibiscrub to clean it up.

I went to see if there was something you might have cut yourself on; weíre careful but you never now... instead I found what I believe was a pool of bloody urine and my heart almost stopped. I picked you up again and you went limp in my arms, it was like all energy had left you. I didnít think weíd make it to the Vet in time - I could sense that your life was draining away...

You cried when we got to the Vets. Such a painful heartbreaking sound - I broke me and I couldnít stop myself, I was stood in the waiting area sobbing my heart out.

They took you in without me and Iím so sorry about that baby boy, they are worried about a virus that makes humans very sick - I wanted to spend every second with you, I wanted you to know that I was right there with you. I wanted you to feel my love.

They came to get me, and told me that you were struggling to breathe and the kindest, most loving thing would be to help you hop over the Rainbow Bridge,

So we did.

I kissed you and stroked you and told you how much we love you, always such a good boy <3

I hope it is beautiful where you are. I hope Cookie was there to greet you; she will make sure you never feel lonely.

Dear Bunny Boy, we love you so, so much and we will miss you every single day... I am so thankful that Daddy found you and that we got to spend so many lovely years with you.

Weíll look after Lola for you - it was wonderful to see both your white, furry bums close together in the fresh hay tray last night, itís a memory I will cherish forever. Iím so glad you found love.

We will love you always.

Mummy, Daddy, Lola, Pepper & Bertie xxxxx

Beau Belle

In a world where you can be anything, be kind x

Wise Old Thumper

Oh I am so so sorry you have lost Ted. I have no words really, I suppose the good thing was he didn't suffer. RIP Ted xx

Wise Old Thumper

I'm so very sorry

So sorry to read this. What a a beautiful tribute

Wise Old Thumper

I’m so sorry.
    Your wonderful tribute made me cry.

Iíve been howling. I donít know what to do. Itís like the whole world has stopped making sense anyway and then this happened... I donít understand what is happening. I donít know how to stop it. I picked him up to check him and maybe I hurt him more, and the car journey to the Vets... I canít fix it. I can usually fix it. This, I canít fix.

Yesterday, he & Lola were playing and eating together. Now Iím sat here crying and sheíll start looking for him soon.

I asked the Vet if I should bring her in to see him but they said no, as it might just confuse her more.

I feel like Iím in a bad dream and I want to wake up. Life is changing so fast and I canít catch my breath. I was working from home yesterday and now I just feel I wasted time - if I hadnít been so wrapped up on the chaos, maybe I would have noticed some little sign. I genuinely believed our little family were ok yesterday.

Itís unfathomable.

Love your bunnies extra hard today - we donít know how long we have them for xxx

I’m so very sorry you did the kindest thing for him. Thinking of you and sending hugs xx

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Wise Old Thumper

So very sorry about your tragic loss

RIP Teddy, you will be loved and missed forever xx
    I AM NOW POSTING AS 'InspectorMorse' BECAUSE A TECHNICAL PROBLEM HAS LOCKED ME OUT OF MY 'Jack's-Jane' ACCOUNT ON SOME DEVICES !!

I'm so sorry xx

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

I am so sorry - your heartfelt tribute shows what an amazing bunny he was and just how much you loved him.