• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Budlia - Poisonous?

I've got a huuuuge one in my garden where all my bunnies are free range. I don't know about it being poisonous but I know all 4 of mine ignore it. Maybe they just don't like the smell or something.

I had rabbits who used to eat it with glee... x.x Whether they were meant to is another matter entirely. They didn't seem to suffer for it (and sometimes ate quite a bit before I'd get them away), but I wouldn't like to say it's definately okay for them... But I'll not lurk around the thread incase some clever person can confirm. :p We've got a massive one of them that gets cut back regularly, so if it's okay then my current bunnies could have bits now and then.

Buddleia is ok for buns, like most food, it shouldn't be binged on, but I use it in bags of mix that I dry out for winter use and they eat it fresh in the Spring and summer.:D

Back