Thread: Budlia - Poisonous?

Default Budlia - Poisonous?

Does anyone know if a budlia bush is poisonous to rabbits? There is one at the end of the bunny run and when it flowers the petals will drop into the run. It can be moved, but I just thought I would check 1st.

This is what they look like
    http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...00180333nawlAF

Mum to:
    Splodge, Blackberry, Moo, Liquorice & Georgie Pudding the buns
    Tufty, Pippin, Marvin, Dilly, Mo, Jingle, Belle, Tinsel, Eggbert, Frosty, Quaver, Pumpkin, Spooky & Spider the zebra finches (beeps)
    Cosy the cat
    Rainbow Bridge: Scrumpie Jack
    Rainbow Bridge beeps: Edward, Stanley, Lilly, Snowy, Pye, Twiggy, Tilly, Molly, Oliver, Milly, Tony & Margie

Check out my divine store at:
    www.soapysaurus.co.uk

I've got a huuuuge one in my garden where all my bunnies are free range. I don't know about it being poisonous but I know all 4 of mine ignore it. Maybe they just don't like the smell or something.
    Mum to: Gladys Emmanuel my big gentle lady, Nigel my grumpy boy, Dougal my cuddlebun, Doris the world's greatest digger, Colin the Cornish Rex and Hamish the Hamster. - Bereft of Bunnies but Forever in my Heart <3 xx

Banned
    I seem to have ended up in South Yorkshire.

It's not on this list, so hopefully it's OK http://www.allearssac.org/poison.html#anchor100266

Hopes it ok my mum has given me one.not planted it yet though

Binky free Bridge bunnies Claude,Alfie,Lilac And Miffy and Vinnie,Never forgotten xxx

I saw the new year in on RU x

I had rabbits who used to eat it with glee... x.x Whether they were meant to is another matter entirely. They didn't seem to suffer for it (and sometimes ate quite a bit before I'd get them away), but I wouldn't like to say it's definately okay for them... But I'll not lurk around the thread incase some clever person can confirm. We've got a massive one of them that gets cut back regularly, so if it's okay then my current bunnies could have bits now and then.

Warren Veteran

i hope not..once my cat rpoofings in place my babies can all og outside in the back garden and i want to finally plant the buddleia my dad grew from a twig of it just before he died....

i found one article that said deer and rabbits arent attracted to this plant..

this article the first one is mind blowing

http://lifeandhealth.guardian.co.uk/...179515,00.html
    Debbie

Mine buns have killed mine off but they're still bouncing

Buddleia is ok for buns, like most food, it shouldn't be binged on, but I use it in bags of mix that I dry out for winter use and they eat it fresh in the Spring and summer.