• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The fox came back.....

I truly believed my buns were safe & got a professional in to make the so called 'fox proof' walk in enclosure. It was trebled galvanised wire with a solid roof - not sure what else i could realistically have done to protect them...I will take some photos later & you will see it really was as safe as anyone could possibly make it...I'm sorry you feel i somehow let my buns down...I will NEVER forgive myself for what has happened & have to live with this forever.

Dont blame yourself, whats done is done, and I dont think anything is achieved by beating yourself up. I know how terrible you must be feeling cos I lost 2 myself (through my own sheer stupidy) and the best we can do is learn from it . I would be interested to see pics of your enclosure, not to judge but to see what foxes can do when theyre determined and maybe we'll all step up our security.

Thank you so very much Rick...will get this sorted today :wave: WLL DO ANYTHING to protect them from this :censored: creature

Hope all goes well,really sorry amanda,you could not have taken anymore measures and you would not of thought tou would have to go too these lengths

I've only just seen this - what a horrible thing to happen, I'm so sorry :cry:

Please don't blame yourself - it sounds as if you went to very great lengths to make sure your bunnies were safe xx

sorry to hear of this tradgedy, how about getting sheds(if you had room) and putting buns padlocked into there at night? also you could try putting heavy paving slabs against the mesh or boards at night? also what about a conservatory onto the back of house in long term, that buns could live in and go out of during day? i dont think words will help your loss but if it were me i wouldnt let the dogs out with foxes in case dogs got hurt too....
another possible solution would be to put stuff which will crash and fall down make a lot of noise if foxes try and get to buns...that way with bit of luck you could be out there before anything bad happened? electric fencing sounds extreme to me but then your foxes sound very extreame too mayb this is a possibility.

Its not your fault, this is what foxes do, they are very clever i dont blame you for wanting to get rid of it, thats only natural. Binky free bunnies, sending big hugs xxx

Back