• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lapizole vs Panacur

I am sorry if i have upset anyone, i just thought as this vet is a good rabbit vet she should know whats what, if you see what i mean.
I have spoken to another rabbit vet today who tells me that she always recomends LAPRIZOLE, but i can see here everyone is coming from. I too would like to know which is the best just so i can advise correctly when people ask me which is better.

The advice I have given out comes from lengthy discussions with Anita, Tina. We talk about it nearly everytime I see her.

i have 2 that have ec and use the lapizole as it is easier to use and they like the taste more then panacur. but i use panacur for when its just for a week.

question about treatment duration

28 days is NOT a long enough course for Panacur incase of EC....the manufacturers will confirm this. I see no reason why 28 days would therefor be sufficient in Lapizole.

However they both have IDENTICAL properties and therefor should be used in the same way when treating for active EC.....with a minimum 6 week course.[/B][/QUOTE]

Whay do you say this?> What evidence do you have for saying trhat 28 days is not enough? I just want to know, not criticising!

we first used lapizole on mowgli when his symtoms became apparent, a 28day course, he hated the taste of it he was soo funny putting his front paws upto say please no more mum :oops:, after that we went on to panacur

but i still also find it all confusing, rosie is next due january

but im also getting a new bunny hopefully in new year, and i don't know what age is suitable to start using panacur on?

Back