• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tarpalin City

Gingypig

Alpha Buck
My back garden is like tarpalin city, i have one over each guinea pig hutch and a huge one stretched across the bunnies hutches and now another one on the new bunny hutch. I did have a tent type thing covering the pigs area (suspended up in the air so you can walk under it) but it blew down in the wind and now it's gone the lounge now gets more light so not too keen to put it back up permenant.

What do you guys use to stop the rain going in your hutches etc. I am looking at getting some clear tarps as well.

http://www.tarpaflex.co.uk/acatalog/product_shop2_glass_clear.htm

Any pics of your set ups would be good xxx

Same as you...tarpaulins on each hutch weighed down with small patio slabs. It looks like a rabbit shanty town at the moment :roll:

I used to use clear tarp, but I found it gets too hot when the sun is shining, so you have to get up really early to uncover the hutches...otherwise the bunnies bake :(

I have got that stuff you cover your car with when its raining etc?

It is relly thick and warm- but looks as if its blown of someones washing line and landed on the buns playouse

I've got a Scratch and Newton hutch hugger on Tinkerbell's hutch with a cheepo tarpaulin over the run.

The hutch huggers only look flimsy but they are totally 100% waterproof. Someone on Ebay does the same kind of thing but cheaper. Don't know how good they are though.

Back