Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Myxi vacs? update, its been sorted x

Wise Old Thumper

Default Myxi vacs? update, its been sorted x

Just got back from the vets with Trip and Scarlett, she had her myxi jab first and just as he did Trips I said oh you do the 10% intradermally and he said no its not done like that any more It is isnt it? It was last September Then he said oh we dont do the VHD like that anymore either, I wasnt aware VHD was ever done like that and my buns never had it like that

I cant believe I didnt ask first and or notice How long until I can take them back for the jab again because they wont be protected from this one will they
    Last edited by sillyrabbit; 10-03-2008 at 08:44 PM.

As far as I'm aware they only need the 10%; not the whole thing again.

Your vet - or a bunny savy vet in this case - needs to contact the manufacturers I think & they can tell the vet when to administer the 10%.

Wise Old Thumper

My bunny savvy vet is not there and I only know one Im taking Beau in Monday for his so I will ask them, I thought they had the whole vaccination with the 10% administered intradermally from advice given on here so they have always had that.

Thanks x

our vet deffo still did the 10% thing this week... you dont think yours was covering for not knowing about it do you ???

Alvin my precious angel is no longer living with me *sad face*
    RIP Hollywillaboobie love you forever... Alvin is ruling his own little kingdom at Hopper Haven http://www.hopperhaven.org.uk a bunny paradise

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT PLEDGE A POUND - Visit the Pledge a Pound Website and Forum http://pledgeapound.net/about.php

Ours did the 10% thing with our 6 yesterday.

now i am worrying, I also said this on another thread that my vet did not do this last week with Tilly, and my last bunny (several years ago now) never had it done like this either.Does this mean shes not protected????

Wise Old Thumper

Yes I believe Trip and Scarlett are not covered by this, I need to know how long I have to wait to bring them back to have it again Mine have always had it this way up until today.

Its the first time I have seen this vet and with all the questions and advice he was giving he sounded like he really knew what he was on about until I mentioned this I should have asked first and then said no I dont want the vacs done that way

Also he did seem to know about it, just said it wasnt done anymore. I didnt even finish my sentence and he started talking about it so it didnt sound like he was making an excuse for not knowing, I think he is just wrong or been given incorrect information

I would raise it with the 'head vet' it's not fair if they've done it wrong for you to have to pay to have it done twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Deelove View Post
    I would raise it with the 'head vet' it's not fair if they've done it wrong for you to have to pay to have it done twice.
    I think I'd better querey it at my vets too, The vet who did tillys vaccination was the owner vet of the practice, it's really annoying isn't it

Wise Old Thumper

I think I am going to have to pay for it again I was charged 170 for Scarletts spay when Buu had only cost 130 the week before and they had charged me for keeping her in overnight even though it was their up that she couldnt come home as they told me to phone at a certain time to arrange to go as they were short staffed and then didnt answer even though I was ringing every two minutes for about 2 hours, then when I finally got through on the emergency number was told I couldnt come get her because its not an emergency And they wouldnt refund me