• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

10% Panacur - dosage

My vet suggested very finely grating carrot, removing some of the moisture with kitchen roll and using the medicine to mush it back together.

Using this for metacam drops and panacur paste. Seems to be working ok.

Panacur

One thing to note with Panacur Liquid is that it is not actually licensed for use in Rabbits. Thats not to say its unsafe, it contains the same active ingredient (Fenbendazole) as Panacur Rabbit. But it is only the Panacur Rabbit that is actually licensed for use so I would mention to your Vet the fact that you are using the Liquid.

I use the Liquid too and the dose of the Panacur 10% Liquid is 0.2ml/kg daily either for 9 days as a 'routine wormer' or for 6 weeks in cases of suspected 'active' EC

Janex

I am using Panacur liquid for my bunnies with pinworm, they take it directly on their morning food with no problems ( I add a bit of fruit or carrot to keep them happy). I am just wondering about the length of time I should be dosing them. Any ideas?

Dardar

One thing to note with Panacur Liquid is that it is not actually licensed for use in Rabbits. Thats not to say its unsafe, it contains the same active ingredient (Fenbendazole) as Panacur Rabbit. But it is only the Panacur Rabbit that is actually licensed for use so I would mention to your Vet the fact that you are using the Liquid.

I use the Liquid too and the dose of the Panacur 10% Liquid is 0.2ml/kg daily either for 9 days as a 'routine wormer' or for 6 weeks in cases of suspected 'active' EC

Janex

I am using Panacur liquid for my bunnies with pinworm, they take it directly on their morning food with no problems ( I add a bit of fruit or carrot to keep them happy). I am just wondering about the length of time I should be dosing them. Any ideas?

Dardar

It's a 28 day course for E.C. and 9 days for pinworms, as in the post you quoted :)

https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/rabbit-health/e-cuniculi/

It's also recommended to bleach the litter trays with 1% bleach solution for 30 seconds minimum on days 21 and 28 of treatment if for E.C.

I hope this helps :)

Last edited:
Thanks, Someone told my husband it was nine weeks dosing for pinworm, so he bought 3 bottles of the 10%, for 2 bunnies. If it's only 9 days then I'm done already. I just wish I knew how my 2 indoor bunnies got pinworm in the first place. Sigh.

Thanks for all the replies - all 7 bunnies need doing at the same time so once the Panacur arrives it looks like I'm in for a fun 9 days:lol:

Most of mine ate the panacur paste OK, except for the two giants of course - the most difficult two to hold and give drugs to, but I'll try it on their cabbage like Sooz said, and hope for the best!

I've worked it out that it will cost me a quarter of the price of the paste, so worth trying:D

We are giving Dillon and Cuthy Panacur at the moment and they are so strong. I have a lovely deep bite on my shoulder from Dillon - and my giants are only babies - wish I had known there was a paste.

Thanks, Someone told my husband it was nine weeks dosing for pinworm, so he bought 3 bottles of the 10%, for 2 bunnies. If it's only 9 days then I'm done already. I just wish I knew how my 2 indoor bunnies got pinworm in the first place. Sigh.

Oh gosh, nine weeks for pinworms :shock:

28 days is arduous enough with our little hooligans :)

We are giving Dillon and Cuthy Panacur at the moment and they are so strong. I have a lovely deep bite on my shoulder from Dillon - and my giants are only babies - wish I had known there was a paste.

For 28 days the paste works out quite expensive as you have to buy several tubes. Also, the dosage is very roughly calculated as it's on graduations of the tube.

I'm told the paste tastes better than the Panacur 10% but I'm not sure about that as I haven't tried it :lol:

They were really good about taking it on their morning food. I added a little fruit or carrot and put the panacur right on the fruit and they ate it up without any problem. they are in separate cages until they bond so making sure they each got the proper dose wasn't a problem.

They were really good about taking it on their morning food. I added a little fruit or carrot and put the panacur right on the fruit and they ate it up without any problem. they are in separate cages until they bond so making sure they each got the proper dose wasn't a problem.

:thumb:

Back