Thread: Snugglesafe

Default Snugglesafe

There are no reports of any fires or anything with this is there? I am a freak when it comes to fire, my worst nightmare and with all the hay and straw in the hutch it freaks me out. Just want some reassurance that they are perfectly safe before they get their heatpad tonight.

I got one delivered yesterday and used it last night. I would say the only way there would be a fire is if you left it in the microwave for hours!

No electricity or naked flame, and it can't get any hotter once you've zapped it so I think it'll be ok. :-)

When they fail in the mircrowave it's just goo that oozes out. They are hot to touch but definitely not hot enough to start a fire.

Tamsin

Warren Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Tamsin View Post
    When they fail in the mircrowave it's just goo that oozes out. They are hot to touch but definitely not hot enough to start a fire.

Tamsin
    I had that happen with one of mine, it was a very old one though. Even so, the goo that came out just solidified and that was that.

I love my Snugglesafes!
    Inky (2004-20012) and Smokey (2004-2015)
    "Your absence has gone through me. Like thread through a needle. Everything I do is stitched with its colour.”

"The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals"

i melted one in the mocrowave once - put 70 mins in instead of 7 and caught it after 20 something! was just a lot of liquid and a nastly plasticy smell. As it is just plastic with goo in there is nothing to ignite anything in the hutch or anywhere either.

An old man walking on the beach at dawn noticed a boy picking up a starfish and throwing it into the sea. When asked why, the boy explained that the stranded starfish would die if left to lie in the morning sun. ‘But there are millions of starfish on this beach,’ said the old man. ‘How can your efforts make a difference?’The boy picked up another starfish and placed it in the waves. ‘It makes a difference to this one,’ he said.

What about microwaving it with hay/straw stuck to the cover?

Bunny Mummy to Juno, Scout & Fiver
    RIP:Honeycomb, Rowan, Caspian, Pippa, Maverick, Cassius, Callisto, Bobby, Mackenzie, Lexie &
    Marley

"I would like to be able to admire a man’s opinions as I would his dog - without being expected to take it home with me."
    - Frank A. Clark

Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Sooz22 View Post
    What about microwaving it with hay/straw stuck to the cover?
    soggy cooked hay? it'd just nuke the hay/straw?

An old man walking on the beach at dawn noticed a boy picking up a starfish and throwing it into the sea. When asked why, the boy explained that the stranded starfish would die if left to lie in the morning sun. ‘But there are millions of starfish on this beach,’ said the old man. ‘How can your efforts make a difference?’The boy picked up another starfish and placed it in the waves. ‘It makes a difference to this one,’ he said.

Ive been taking the covers off just incase then putting them back on after heating.

Bunny Mummy to Juno, Scout & Fiver
    RIP:Honeycomb, Rowan, Caspian, Pippa, Maverick, Cassius, Callisto, Bobby, Mackenzie, Lexie &
    Marley

"I would like to be able to admire a man’s opinions as I would his dog - without being expected to take it home with me."
    - Frank A. Clark

Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum

I always put them in the microwave with straw and hay stuck on them Never done any harm