• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dermot is Poorly Again :-(-U/D Yaay For Ranitidine!! :-)

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Dermot has a recurent GI problem. He has been OK for about 6 weeks but another 'episode' has just started :cry:
He has had all his meds but at the moment he is a poorly Bunny :cry:

Janex

Last edited:
Sorry to hear this. :( He sounds so much like my 2 girls. Hope he feels better soon.

How have the girls been lately? Or is it best not to ask..............

Janex

They had a brilliant 2 months - really stable. But within the last 3 days it has all gone horribly wrong! :shock: Was up most of the night with Dusty and Clover has also been bad. Went to the vets today and got some Zantac.

Really hope Dermot will be OK. x

They had a brilliant 2 months - really stable. But within the last 3 days it has all gone horribly wrong! :shock: Was up most of the night with Dusty and Clover has also been bad. Went to the vets today and got some Zantac.

Really hope Dermot will be OK. x

I am absolutely astounded at how much Zantac helps !! Dermot had a dose about an hour ago aswell as his other meds
He has just started to nibble hay and he looks less 'tucked up'. So here's hoping..........

I take Zantac to and I am certain it also has the effect of increasing the appetite :?

I hope your girl's tums settle down very soon

Janex

Ooh that sounds good then, Jane - for Dermot and my 2! :D Hope he continues to improvel.

Dermot says he is starting to feel better now and thanks you for all your good wishes :D

I am singing the praises of ZANTAC (Ranitidine) as part of the treatment regime for Buns in GI Stasis. Its not only Dermot whom I have found benefits from it :D

Janex

Wow! Ranitidine is what I take for my haitus hernia (hole in the stomach lining), and I'm stunned that it's good for rabbits too!

Neil

Just to add, the cheapest place I've found them is Wilkinson's £1.49 for 12 @ 75mg per tablet, much cheaper than Zantac and just as effective.

Neil

Just to add, the cheapest place I've found them is Wilkinson's £1.49 for 12 @ 75mg per tablet, much cheaper than Zantac and just as effective.

Neil

I take it too!!

I use the Ranitidine syrup for the Buns as the dose is only 2-5mg/kg twice a day. Cutting up a 75mg tablet would be a bit tricky, even with using my razorblade technique :lol: :lol:

Janex

Back