• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Greg has been stolen

Sick :censored:!

I don't understand how some people's mind works, just to go back to what Jane said, theft of a rabbit and breaking and entering is a crime and most criminals get worse as time goes by, they may start by stealing a rabbit now and then perhaps they'll break into someone's shed next time and steal something more valuable. And the time after that someone's christmas presents might get stolen from their home. Some police officers have really bad attitudes- I'd call them back and get crime scene investigation round and dust for prints anyway, they'll also knock on some doors, someone might know something that you don't.

When I lived in a shared student flat all the car windows down the road got smashed, we found a bit of blood on my bf's and they took a swab of it, although they didn't have a match in their system if that little :censored: gets caught for doing something else and has his DNA taken on arrest its likely that he'll be tried/convi cted for smashing all the car windows too.

Yeah i was thinking of making posters but i didnt have any pics, does anyone here have a brown and white lionhead pic that they dont mind me using?

As an update, there was a bin outside the back gates, i think they have used that to get into the yard :(

have a look on google.co.uk if you click images then do a search you might find some greg looking ones? or just look on bunny sites? You need to get them up ASAP (and put them through letter boxes) so people can start keeping their eyes peeled and in the meantime get out there checking she wasn't dropped somewhere or chucked into someone else's garden as they ran home. Good luck - i feel so sorry for you - such an awful thing to happen.:cry:

Last edited:
you poor thing.... what a nightmare!!!! i really hope you get your little gal back.... pester the police to take it seriously too hun someone has unlawfully entered your property to steal your pet.. :censored: :censored: :censored:

I'm sure if it was a lawnmower that had been stolen the police would have logged it, not acceptable, go back and play :censored:

I really hope you find Greg, put up posters everywhere, maybe offer a reward (ok I know it would really grate to have to pay someone but at least you'd get her back)

Sorry to hear your news, I would just get pictures up and put on it a description such as 'Brown and White Rabbit'

Oh My God :cry: Evil people out there!! :evil: Shocked at the police - shes a living, breathing little rabbit!!! :evil: :cry: :cry: Xx

Oh My God :cry: Evil people out there!! :evil: Shocked at the police - shes a living, breathing little rabbit!!! :evil: :cry: :cry: Xx

Have leafletted local houses today, will do more tomorrow and notices in shops, Jessica is looking kinda miserable now :( but have padlocked all doors to hutch and run, hope that will keep her safe, will keep everyone informed.

:cry:

oh my days how awful for you! I would be going out of my mind if someone stole Molly or Jessica, I can only imagine how you must be feeling. I'v got everything crossed that she is returned to you safely. xxx

Some people are just so insensitive - why steal a bun when you can get one from a rescue. It is breaking and entering when you go onto someone elses property and like someone said if they had took a lawnmower or something the police would have taken action. :censored: :censored:

Slimeballs - I hope you get your bun back.

I feel just awful for you reading this thread. Really hope you get Greg back soon :cry:
And FYI I am DISGUSTED at the police reaction!! I would have got them out anyway just to make the point!!! Or been like '...well it is necessary - is that not what you think???? Maybe there is someone more senior I could talk to or someone that BELIEVES IN THE LAW :censored: ' or words to that effect!!
Did you get a name of the PC? I would report that too!!!!

Grrrr!!:evil:

This is terrible, I really hope you get Greg back soon and that she's OK.

If I got that reaction if (god-forbid) it ever happened to me I'd ask how they'd react if a dog was stolen, or a car, and then ask why my rabbit - my property which I've paid for and looked after - should be treated any differently.

I know mine are house-buns but I'm going to make it a priority to get mine micro-chipped.

PS I also think it's abhorrent that those with outside buns are having/feel the need to resort to padlocks to keep them safe. I blame the (sick, twisted & wrong) government.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry this has happened, how awful. I really hope she is returned safe and well. I only read the other threads quickly so sorry if it has been explained but are you sure she was stolen? is there no way she could have escaped with a faulty latch on the hutch? or maybe taken by an animal. have you checked your garden thoroughly as she could be scared and hiding.

Police- apparently they need you to have evidence that garden was broken in to, ask your neighbours if they saw or heard and suspicious people or vehicles, or any sign anything in the garden or hutch was tampered with. Check if anything else was taken or stolen. Or any damage to any property. They need to rule out her just "hopping off".

Inform Rspca and ask to circulate info with other rescue centres. (Advice from police source sitting next to me :) )

hope you find her soon - thing is if they went on foot she can't be too far away and if you leaflet and poster everywhere they are more likely to be found out/not keep her.

PS I also think it's abhorrent that those with outside buns are having/feel the need to resort to padlocks to keep them safe. I blame the (sick, twisted & wrong) government.

I use padlocks too, I have heard so many horror stories from people who have come to get a rescue bun that I sometimes wonder how any of them can bare to keep a bunny outside again (though most of them opt for house rabbits).

OMG I am SO sorry. I really do hope you get her back safe and sound and that the person who took her is charged.

If I were you I would circulate her picture on "Stolen" posters around your area. Chances are that whoever took her is local and someone may recognise her or know someone who has suddenly aquired a rabbit today. It will also warn other bunny owners to be extra vigilant. I know this happened to a friend of mine, she had 2 rabbits stolen and then had an annoyimus tip that a "girl" had been seen on a feild with them miles away and let them go. She went there and found one of the bunnies and then a few days later she had a call from a lady who had found and caught the other.

OMG I am SO sorry. I really do hope you get her back safe and sound and that the person who took her is charged.

If I were you I would circulate her picture on "Stolen" posters around your area. Chances are that whoever took her is local and someone may recognise her or know someone who has suddenly aquired a rabbit today. It will also warn other bunny owners to be extra vigilant. I know this happened to a friend of mine, she had 2 rabbits stolen and then had an annoyimus tip that a "girl" had been seen on a feild with them miles away and let them go. She went there and found one of the bunnies and then a few days later she had a call from a lady who had found and caught the other.

Personally I would not put the word "stolen" on the poster, it may deter someone from returning her in case they thought they would be charged :? I would just go about it the normal way and hope it touches someone's heart

xx

Have just got my internet back after a week of being offline! I cannot believe what has happened to Greg and I really cannot believe what the reaction from the police was. Surely, it is our first port of call when something like this happens whether it be a rabbit or a child. I would certainly lodge a complaint if you are not satisfied with the response you had. I am speechless. I really hope you get some news on Greg. I don't know what else to say!

Back