• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poppy bunny - 24 November 2007, 1pm

podlet

Warren Scout
The support on the forum over the last couple of insanely difficult weeks has meant the world to us...

But unfortunately, Poppy bun's weakening immune system due to the dental complications just wasn't able to stave of the ravages of the ec virus...
:cry:

We adopted Poppy from Honeybunny on 24 November 2005. From the outset Jill mentioned that Poppy would have dental problems, but our heart was set on her...

In the two years we had Poppy, she blossomed into the most loving, brave and chatty little bun (with a series of personalised grunts, squeaks and mutters) and the most inquisitive and expressive lop ears I have ever seen...

It was the hardest decision to let her go... but she was ready. She spent hours with us sitting on our chests, and gently went off to sleep when the time came, without so much as a twitch.. That evening, there was a rainbow around a near full-moon - her little guiding light to Rainbow Bridge..

She battled the challenges of dental complications and the ravages of ec with the optimism and whole-hearted enthusiasm that characterised our Poppy bun...

We miss you desperately...

Binky free sweet Poppet, with thumpers that work once again....

Heart-brokenly..
Lee

IMGP0081.jpg

IMG_2228.jpg

IMG_2231.jpg

IMG_2242.jpg

IMG_2248.jpg

IMG_2280.jpg

IMG_2292.jpg

IMG_2294.jpg

IMG_2298.jpg

IMG_2303.jpg

IMG_2484.jpg

IMG_2567.jpg

IMG_2570.jpg

IMG_2572.jpg

IMG_2627.jpg

IMG_2721.jpg

IMG_2728.jpg

IMG_2826.jpg

Thank you so very much for the words of support all -- muchly appreciated.. *hugs*

I hope you will join me in lighting a candle at the next Candle Ceremony....

Lee, xx

So sorry to read this Lee. I'm sure Poppy is so pleased you adopted her and gave her a chance of a new life. She had a wonderful 2 years of knowing a loving home.....She will be watching over you.
I would personally like to thank you for taking on a bun with dental probs and caring for her so well..sending hugs to you xxx

So sorry to read this Lee. I'm sure Poppy is so pleased you adopted her and gave her a chance of a new life. She had a wonderful 2 years of knowing a loving home.....She will be watching over you.
I would personally like to thank you for taking on a bun with dental probs and caring for her so well..sending hugs to you xxx

Thanks Jill... from the moment we saw our sweet Poppy on the forum after you posted her details - we fell in love :love:

She came to us as a bit of a skitty rabbit who wouldn't say boo to her own shadow, but blossomed into the most confident and chatty little bunny.. We loved her dearly...

Her dental problems were severe and root infections meant she lost most of her toothums - but she still ate with gusto... Unfortunately the compromised immune system just couldn't stave off that nasty, nasty ec and a steady decline ensued from May. By November Poppy was a shadow of her former self -- skinny, stumbly and too weak/scared to move much...

In my positive moments, I think that we are able to rehome another loving bunny, but in my saddest of moments, I just think that there won't be another lil' poppet.... She really was her mum's lil' bun...

In my positive moments, I think that we are able to rehome another loving bunny, but in my saddest of moments, I just think that there won't be another lil' poppet.... She really was her mum's lil' bun...

I know EXACTLY what you mean.

I cant see that I wont be looking for Caspian in another rabbit and yet I dont think there will ever be another rabbit with the same qualities or the same mannerisms that he had, and I miss those so much.

Last Monday he actually started to groom my lips, I have never had a bunny do that to me before and it was a sign of just how far our bond had come :cry:

The Lent Rabbit

I’ll lend you for a little while, a rabbit of mine, God said
For you to love the while she lives and mourn for when she’s dead.
It may be six or seven years, or maybe two or three
But will you, till I call her back, take care of her for me?

She’ll bring her charms to gladden you and should her stay be brief
You’ll always have her memories as a solace in your grief.
I cannot promise she will stay, since all from earth return,
But there are lessons taught below I want this bun to learn.

I’ve looked this whole world over in my search for teachers true
And from the folk that crowd Life’s lane I have chosen you.
Now will you give her all your love and not think the labour vain,
Nor hate me when I come to take this lent rabbit back again?

I fancy that I heard them say “Dear God, thy will be done.
For all the joys this bun will bring the risk of grief we’ll run.
We will shelter her with tenderness, we’ll love her while we may
And for all the happiness we’ve ever known, we’ll ever grateful stay.
But should the angels call her much sooner than we’d planned
We will brave the bitter grief that comes and try to understand."

~ Author Unknown

Last edited:
Back