• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Squabbles

emjay

Warren Scout
Hi All

Can anyone help with the following pls?

A friend of mine (also bunny mad!) has just adopted two buns from the RSPCA. They are a bonded pair of lion heads (both neutered and ages 1 and 2) that were put into the care of the RSPCA after a break-up (thats as much info as we know!).
They have travelled from north wales centre to Newport centre and finally are residing in Barry. They didnt appear to mind the journey at all and have been settling in nicely... until now.
They arrived last wed (7th Nov) and my friend has recently noticed that teh Doe has been 'nipping' the Buck now and again and mounting him. Nothing aggressive but the worry is that it that it may be worrying the buck or the fact that no-one knows what happens when out at work.

Is this usual behaviour with them settling in to a new home? Are they re-establishing who is boss?

Any advice/tips on what to do or how to help them settle down. With very little history its hard to know what the 'norm' was before or if there are any issues that may be trigggering the behaviour.

Sorry for the essay !!

Sounds normal to me;) when my two were bonded, Tracy told me to leave them be when we got home as it kind of started all over again due to new territory and all that. That said they have been together over a year and a half and Eddie still has to have many humps each day:lol: :lol:

As long as there is no blood drawn or injuries I would leave them to it;) Do they still groom each other and cuddle up together?

Sounds like they are trying to sort out the pecking order now they are in their new home. I wouldnt worry unless they start seriously fighting. One of my buns still nips the other occasionally and they're brothers and have always been together.

Hi there

these buns emjay is talking about are mine,

they still cuddle and groom and seem to be fine when in the cage... still a little weary of me though come to me for food and allow to be sat on my lap for cuddles etc...:D

harry The buck managed to pull out a clump of fur of dot as she is the doe but also an angora (mega fluff bomb..!!)

any advice is gratefully rec'd

also harry's ears were cold last night when i picked him up but warmed up quickly when i had given him food.. also it seems he has an abnormality in his right paw, still runs about etc but poss prev fracture.. teh rspca cant find any history of it... bless him!

love them both as so beautiful.. will post some pics of them asap!!:)

thankyou for any advice given (and support!!)

love n kisses x

Back