• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dried Coneflower... your thoughts

Missy

Warren Scout
Hi:wave:

Think some of you have mentioned you give your buns the dried coneflower
(by Rosewood natural food range) it's dried echinacea, the packet says feed small amounts daily just wondered what you are classing as a small amount? It is a pinch per bun or a handful maybe?

Will eating it boost their immune system and if so should they only have it for a limited time like week on week off?
Is dried Echinacea as good as giving a tinacture?
I noticed the tinc in Boots said one adult dosage was equivalent to 1g of dried echinaca.

Any thoughts :)

Mine have it regularly, I even grew my own this year so they had a good handful daily :)

Lorna at Greenfields Rescue used to feed a small amount of a tea bag containing echinasea to her buns each day as one was prone to infection. I think it the problem was urinary in origin, I know she felt this helped.

Feeding the dried stuff won't be anywhere near so concentrated as a tincture, so personally I wouldn't be too worried by the 'days on and off' rule for echinacea tincture.

Thanks everyone for the info, Millie will be pleased she is going mad for it at the minute.

Leane - I didn't realise you could give them it undried might try that next year
the flowers will look lovely in the garden..... if they last that long.

Back