• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Your opinions

Miloe's_Mum

Alpha Buck
I probably should have put this in Welfare but just wanted a few responses asap before i move further with this........

On a neighbouring street to us lives a woman with 2 children and a bunny in a hutche in the yard. We used to walk past in the summer with my stepdaughter and have a look at the rabbits - at the time she had a large fawn coloured bun and a baby chocolate one. The hutches (in my opinion) were in appalling conditions and i wouldnt even keep a guinea pig in one to be honest.

I had a stroll by last week and noticed one bunny has gone, the fawn coloured one is still there (it looks like a dwarf lop). I'd say the hutch was about 80cm long, 45cm high and around 45cm depth - i'm not lying here! :evil: There is a water bottle attached to the cage but its green and half hanging off, there is a thin layer of straw on the cage floor but i cant see any hay or any toys. The poor bun looks ever so sad and down - and cold :(

There is a run in the yard but not attached and its about the same size of the hutch, i've never actually seen the bunny in this anyway - not even in the summer when i'd walk past daily.

Common sense says report this to the RSPCA as this doesnt even meet the minimum requirements for hutches etc. Would you agree this is best or do i post info through her door?

My friend has said i should knock on the door and pretend i'm about to get some bunnies and just ask for info (play dumb really!) but then if i do have to report it she will know its me.

What are your thoughts? I will try to get some pics tonight or tomorrow x

You have to report it,you dont even have to give your name wen you do it. The 1st basic need for all livingthings is clean water & as you said yourself the water is green.

report it defo. they take your details but they are confidential. if that fails knock on door and offer to rehome it? or put literature through the door but I doubt they will be interested in that.

Back