• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fluff is a Killer!

elve

Banned
Look at this lovely snuggly ball of fluff - looks innocent? :? Imagine if she or her bonded buddy had swallowed it :shock: I can't believe how much is falling out of Maa at the moment :shock: This is from 10 mins with damp hands :shock:

I would guess this is why grooming is so important in rabbit hierarchy - as in the wild with no damp-handed ladies around, the 'bottom of the heap' bunny would be forced to eat all this from grooming the others :( No wonder it's so important for a rabbit to get to the top of the pecking order :?

hairy.jpg

Crikey, you could make another little Maa out of that fur !!

Even Rexy moults can be quite spectacular at times and I really wouldn't want anyBun to ingest what comes off

Janex

:shock: :shock: :shock: My goodness!!

That's incredible. Does she sit there for the whole 10 mins while you do it, or is it a case of catching her and doing a bit, catching her and doing a bit more?! :lol:

I know that if I was a rabbit, I would be scurrying up that pecking order without a doubt! Poor wee bunnies :?

That's truely impressive! I thought it was one of the guinea pigs for a minute :lol:

The bottom bunny wouldn't groom the entire colony ;) I guess in the wild their coat drops out better as they brush through warrens/hedges etc. Plus the amount of fibre must keep things moving too.

Tam

:shock: :shock: :shock: My goodness!!

That's incredible. Does she sit there for the whole 10 mins while you do it, or is it a case of catching her and doing a bit, catching her and doing a bit more?! :lol:

I know that if I was a rabbit, I would be scurrying up that pecking order without a doubt! Poor wee bunnies :?

She adores being stroked so it's easy to groom her with damp hands - I'm sure if she saw a brush she'd be off up the patio stamping her foot :lol: She didn't even mind being 'plucked' around her back end - I think she was relieved to get rid of it - it must itch like mad - she only started yesterday and at this rate she'll be bald when we have another frost :roll:

Back