• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

is this a good sign?

Radish

Mama Doe
hi

i've put Maisie and Mr Fairweather next to each other in their dog crates....about four inches apart just in case they try to get frisky through the bars!!!......when i let Maisie run round the room yesterday she went up to Mr F's cage and rubbed her chin on his nose when he poked it out to sniff her.

is that a good or bad thing?

would that be friendly or was she saying this is my patch hop it?

she sits in her cage near to where his water bottle and bowl are and she watches him.

i'm trying to get them used to each others presence as his man bits haven't dropped yet so it will be a while before he is neutered and a further while before they can properly meet.

is there anything to look out for in terms of bad signs that she doesn't like him being near her?

i noticed she has left a line of droppings along the perimeter of her cage where his cage is too.

Last edited:
the droppings are a territorial thing.

As long as they can't bite each other through the bars they might be ok.

If either of them seem aggitated and won't lie down and settle then move them further apart.

thank you very much for the help.

i'm moving the cages later as Maisie keeps pooing everywhere when she was litter trained before,she's also chinning everything which she wasn't previously doing.

i think i'd rather she was a bit more settled and i'll wait until they can be introduced before putting them near each other.

many thanks again x

Back